R.I. police arrest armed Brockton man claiming to be sheriff deputy | MassCops

R.I. police arrest armed Brockton man claiming to be sheriff deputy

Discussion in 'Police Impersonation News' started by kwflatbed, Feb 16, 2013.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

2. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

Nice job by the R.I. police!!!

pahapoika likes this.
  3. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Fake deputy.....or REAL fake reserve deputy. Big difference :rolleyes:

frank and niteowl1970 like this.
  4. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Looks like we found "Fakecop" from the other thread!

263FPD and niteowl1970 like this.
  5. HousingCop

HousingCop Czar of Cyncism and Satire

Hey You! Hey You...... Can you hear me? Oh, sorry. You have no ears, so how could you have heard me......

6. corsair

corsair Guest

The FAIL was very strong with this one.

7. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

apparently from his "facebook" page.......................

hello my name is Serge I have Brown hair and Brown eyes 6ft tall 36 years old I live in Brockton Mass I like, Swimming, Fishing,Camping,Jujitsu,Karate,I am a 3ed Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo I also like,Movies,Walks on the Beach., i served in the marines for 8 years i was a gunnery sergeant attached to force recon and trained as a marine corp scout sniper,machine gunner 50 cal heavy machine gun and was deployed with special forces to iraq and afghanistan and i got 4 tats

Work and Education
    Employers

The Plymouth County Sheriff's Department
    Deputy Sheriff Plymouth, Massachusetts
    High School

Randolph High School, Randolph, MA
    Randolph, Massachusetts

Living
    Brockton, Massachusetts
    Current City
    Randolph, Massachusetts
    Hometown

Read more: http://www.enterprisenews.com/news/x694774428/RI-police-arrest-armed-Brockton-man-claiming-to-be-sheriff-deputy#ixzz2L69iioDe

8. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

He probably is a deputy sheriff somewhere.

9. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Holy crap, I commented before I read the article.....former Quincy boy who I had MANY dealings with, years ago. I can't say too much, but he is definitely "special needs" for a very tragic reason.

mpd61, corsair and Hank Moody like this.
  10. SPQR

SPQR MassCops Member

This is a prime example of the failed mental health system in this country. Delta, I assume you know the background of the fellow and if he is indeed "Special needs", then we have failed greatly if all we have to offer him is arrest, RELEASE, and another court date. I'm totally opposed to the institutionalization of people with mental handicaps, however we must come up with another course of action for dealing with someone like this. We are witnessing the "face" of gun control right here! My 30 round magazines cant hold a candle to the potential detriment posed by Mr. Bernstein. I spent 5 years working in the mental health field prior to entering law enforcement, and I truly believe that every human has the right to maximize their well-being to the fullest extent possible. But we do no favors to anyone by simple throwing judicial remedies to problems that go far beyond criminal activity.

corsair likes this.
  11. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

If you do not support institutionalization, what do you propose?

Due to their diminished mental capacity, they're not responsible for their actions because they cannot "knowingly" commit crimes but when they consistently take themselves off their medications and become a violent drain on resources, should they be allowed to roam free until they kill?

That day eval. on the fourth floor is a welcome break for us but then they're right back out to strain family, neighbors, businesses and yours truly. Mentally ill individuals living with their families put a great strain on family members, you can see it on their faces and they're often in fear of the individual. I hate to sound cold-hearted but these are hard facts. Should their families live in fear because there are no resources to help them?

I agree that the system is broken, i've seen it first hand. As a police officer, I dealt with a wide range of mentally ill individuals from the non-violent who thought they were Jesus, to the door chainers who bagged their feet so they couldn't be tracked by Russians to the violent. The latter half needed to be institutionalized, not jailed, but it was all we had and I can assure you that taxpayers spent more on them free than they ever would in an institutional setting.

We hear constantly about the illegals "hiding in the shadows" and how gov't wants to absorb them when we cannot even properly care for our own people who have been cast in to the shadows under the guise of humanity. Liberal logic is mind boggling. Set free individuals who cannot care for themselves and turn your back on them as you take on more. It's gluttony. When you consider how quickly the issue of a mentally ill school shooter morphed into gun control rather than an acknowledgement of a failed system, you can't deny the problem.

I found the following article regarding the matter to be very interesting as it is actually from the perspective of an individual suffering from chronic schizo-affective disorder:
    http://www.mentalhealth.com/mag1/p51-sc02.html

Kilvinsky likes this.
  12. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Framingham PD seems to have the right idea.

13. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

keep the state hospitals open. not the best solution, but it beats letting the nuts run amok

14. fakecop

fakecop MassCops Member

You couldn't pay me enough money to be a Deputy or Reserve Deputy, I would rather be a meter maid. Why lie about being a Deputy? Say you are FBI, CIA, DEA, Stafe Police, anything other than a hack deputy.

15. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

You've got it backwards, YOU pay THEM to be a reserve deputy.

16. Stock-Weld

Stock-Weld New Member

pahapoika likes this.
  17. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

LGriffin, I have to agree with you. I've dealt with loads of mentally ill people who are homeless. Is it better to see them sleeping on benches under 10 blankets, sitting in the corner of a convenience store at 3 am or hiding under bridges or in alleys or even just roaming around or worse, breaking into buildings for warmth or is it better to give them a clean, safe and warm enviroment with 3 square meals a day and desperately needed medication and counselling?

If being mentally ill doesn't block their "RIGHTS" to the above mentioned conditions, why wouldn't their somewhat lack of a grasp on reality give them the right to violate the rights of others? "He can't help it. You have to live with it. It's his right."

BULLSHIT. Either way as I believe you pointed out, the taxpayer foots the bill. Well, as a tax payer, I would rather see my money spent on taking care of these people instead of jailing them when they act out of the box. I feel institutionalization IS Compassion. Letting them roam freely to freeze to death, die committing crimes, drinking themselves into an early grave is far from compassionate and group homes aren't a cure all.

niteowl1970 and LGriffin like this.
  18. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

could this be Newton Savage's future Sister-In-Law's date?