Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the limits on the hours or duties performed by police officers who have only attended an R/I Basic Academy? I know in NH, a police officer who has only attended our Part Time POST Academy can only do 1300 hours a year of police work (not including training time and court attendance, but including any administrative time and paid details).

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
JoinInNH; I just asked the E X A C T question as you posted here. WTF! Are you my long lost brother \ sister? :D

I've been meaning to post it for a while, its uncanny we posted the same question on the same night. :eek:

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
I believe in Mass, R/I Officers are "technically" limited to 24 hours of of patrol shifts per week. However, in many smaller towns some work 32 or 40 hours a week. I believe it only becomes an issue when the Officer becomes a "Full-time Police Officer" officially, then they would have to go to the FT Academy. If they are listed as a Part-timers or specials they are pretty much used as needed. Details are NOT inclusive, you can work as many as you like. :wink: $ $ $ $ $

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Yes,

Many towns in the commonwealth utilize P.I.'s routinely for 32-40 hours per week. I have not seen any specific civil-circus reference to this. As pointed out above, when your lucky enough to be "apppointed" to FT status, you then have to attend the MPOC within a certain time frame I believe.
:?:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.