Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there...does anyone know if there is a list of all of the Cities and Towns that currently receive Quinn Bill payments? We are getting down and dirty in contract negotiations and this list would be really helpful.

Thanks

·
Subscribing Member
4,345 Posts
Quinn Towns around my location
Concord,Lincoln,Carlisle,Bedford,Burlington,Sudbury,Waltham,Acton,Maynard,Boxborough,Harvard,Groton,Littleton,Fitchburg,Leominster,Lunenburg,Winchendon,Winchester

No Quinn Towns Around me
Stow,Bolton,Ayer,Shirley,Lancaster

·
1,334 Posts
potatochip said:
Hey there...does anyone know if there is a list of all of the Cities and Towns that currently receive Quinn Bill payments? We are getting down and dirty in contract negotiations and this list would be really helpful.

Thanks
The Massachusetts Board of Higher Education has a page on their website dedicated specifically to the Police Career Incentive Pay Program, otherwise known as the Quinn Bill. There are several quick links to catgories such as news, the Quinn Bill Statute, certification process, quinn bill forms, and eligible institutions.

At the bottom of the page is the address, phone number, and an email for the primary contact regarding questions. I had occassion to write to her recently and she was prompt, professional, and accurrate in her response. I would email her to inquire about the list. Just click the link below.

Good luck...Frap

http://www.osfa.mass.edu/quinnbill/

·
Registered
142 Posts
guy at in-service said Plymouth P D gets 30% , not 25%, for Masters degree - by the way... is there any way to determine what the salaries and benefits of all the police departments are in this state ? - 6-8 years ago, I remember seeing a booklet that detailed what all police departments in the MPA made and what they got for benefits (ie: clothing allowance, dry cleaning allowance, minimum hrs and pay for details, holidays, salary, etc..) Was very interesting and a good tool for contract negotiations. A Rockland P D officer showed it to me. Does MPA still provide that info ??

G

·
jimbo said:
guy at in-service said Plymouth P D gets 30% , not 25%, for Masters degree
A Master's or law degree used to net you 30% under the original Quinn Bill. The percentages were eventually dropped, but the "30 percenters" were grandfathered, and kept/keep that rate until retirement. When I first started, there were quite a few 30% people, but it's now down to a handful.

If all Plymouth cops get 30% for a Master's degree, it must be a contract issue, where the town picks-up the extra 5% exclusively. If so, good for them. However, I tend to think that one officer was a grandfathered 30% person.

·
Registered
142 Posts
negative - all of them get it - i called and found out. It was a contract issue. Since a few of them got 30% under the old Quinn Bill - all in Plymouth that have a Masters degree now get 30%. - Any info on the pay scale/benefits comparison book of all Mass Police Assn. agencies ? Curious to see what other officers are making and getting for benefits..

G

·
jimbo said:
Any info on the pay scale/benefits comparison book of all Mass Police Assn. agencies ? Curious to see what other officers are making and getting for benefits..
My union doesn't release any details to the MPA, so we're never in that book. For whatever reasons, we've always guarded the details of our contract like it was the secret formula to Coke Classic, or something.

·
Registered
294 Posts
We went through the same thing in Burlington a few years ago to get it. I made a map of the area and highlighted all of the towns around us that had it. It really makes the point much better than a list.

You could also make your case look a little better by clipping a few towns that don't have it if they lie near the edge of your map.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts