Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my bachelors degree from a Non Quinn Bill School. Therefore, my question is will I get any money if I just get a Graduate Certificate in Umass Lowell. Because the Quinn Bill reads that you just need to have certain amount of credits towards a degree. SO will I be able to get at least the Bachelors equivalent pay if I will have Graduate Cert?

·
MassCops Member
122 Posts
DJ_USMC_50 said:
I am getting my bachelors degree from a Non Quinn Bill School. Therefore, my question is will I get any money if I just get a Graduate Certificate in Umass Lowell. Because the Quinn Bill reads that you just need to have certain amount of credits towards a degree. SO will I be able to get at least the Bachelors equivalent pay if I will have Graduate Cert?
Im not sure the answer to that question, but I will say that if you spend the time to take 4 classes and get the certificate you minds will just take the other 5 and get the 25% for a masters. I am a grad student at UMass Lowell the course load is not that bad depending on the professors you take.

G

·
DJ_USMC_50 said:
Under the new guidelines, you have to earn a degree from a school on the Quinn Bill approved list if you want to make a dime. You could earn a Ph.D. in Quinn Bill Criminal Justice Education from Harvard University (hypothetical, such a degree doesn't exist), but you wouldn't net a single cent, because Harvard isn't on the approved list.

Approved list;

http://www.osfa.mass.edu/quinnbill/default.asp?id=elig_institutions

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
Give Curry College a try..........I am wrapping up my Master's from there in the spring and have been impressed with the program. It is now one of only 5 approved Master's programs in the state. It is not too bad, only 10 classes to complete and the instrustors appreciate the quirky schedules of those in LE and some tailor their classes to you. The cost is also pretty reasonable, a little over $1200 per class. Check it out..........

http://www.curry.edu/Academics/Graduate+Studies/M.A.+in+Criminal+Justice+Program/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts