Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question - if you are "metriculated" into a college and they accepted your academy and other life experiences for college credits BEFORE
the State deauthorized the college for Quinn Bill acredidation, do you lose out on those credits and money invested in courses already taken and have to start from scratch at a school that got acredited for Quinn ????
:?

·
Registered
561 Posts
No, if you matriculated prior to January 1, 2004, you can still skate by with the weak-ass "life experience" credits.

-Mike

·
Registered
561 Posts
LOL! I was not intending to infer that life was easier or less of a learning experience than college is.

I am just annoyed with the 25% pay boost that some officers receive for the degree they "earned" by not setting foot in the classroom. You may be a better officer if you have more life experience as opposed to one with a degree, but Quinn benefits are supposed to reward those who put the effort in to go to school.

No disrespect meant to any of you who truly earned your degree with academics and a reasonable mix of experience credits.

-Mike :sb:

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
I luckily enrolled in a non-approved school before the deadline, but I'm waiting to see what happens now, if you get your bachelor's from a non-approved school, but then go and get your master's from an approved school. I wonder if you get the money? Anybody seen this addressed anywhere?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anybody have a list of "approved programs" with regards to the Quinn. I am hearing that there are only 3 that are approve, NU, UMASS and the third escapes me... Thanks

·
Subscribing Member
459 Posts
danielc said:
Anybody have a list of "approved programs" with regards to the Quinn. I am hearing that there are only 3 that are approve, NU, UMASS and the third escapes me... Thanks
Shit...there was a list....I know Bunker Hill was on it. (Thank god!)

I'll try to dig it up for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.