Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone let me know what is going on with the Quinn Bill as of 2004. I am scheduled to graduate in May 2004, now would I be eligable for the 10% or the $6,500 annual sum? Some have told me no more % after January 2004 and others have said 10% because I was enrolled prior to 2004. :crazy:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess no one knows. :cry: Looks like I will find out in Sept.

·
2,297 Posts
As far as I know, the Quinn Bill was left alone due to some heavy lobbying by SPAM and a procedural move by Gov. Romney. Should be business as usual until the hacks start their annual "Anti-Cop" campaign.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just an FYI,

For those hoping to pursue your masters at WNEC......don't bother. I received a letter this weekend from WNEC stating they "took action to withdraw our application for the MS in Criminal Justice". I guess they couldn't meet the new Quinn Bill requirement set forth by the MA Board of Higher Education.

·
Subscribing Member
233 Posts
Just a clarification, re: WNEC. If you're already enrolled (prior to January 1, 2004) and you remain continually active in the pursuit of your degree, you're still eligible for the Quinn Bill. If you're just starting in the program now, then you're not eligible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am one of those unfortunate saps who enrolled for my masters this january at WNEC. i stayed erolled because they said they were going to refile and that it looked good. I got that letter this weekend an waqs pissed they withdrew. I called today and thet are going to refund my money but I still bought books and missed many details going to classes for the last month. Needless to say I am kind of pissed. :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anyone know if you have been registered in their B.S. program, are you okay to continue in to the M.S. program and still get the %???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey COLE, I think your screwed as well with WENC. They are ending there Masters program all together. After all the enrolled students finish they will be ending the program all together. Keep answering those phone calls for now :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but here it goes anyways:

If an individual has a minor in Criminal Justice, does that equate to an associates degree? If not, what is the difference?

·
1,952 Posts
57ragus said:
This may be a stupid question, but here it goes anyways:

If an individual has a minor in Criminal Justice, does that equate to an associates degree? If not, what is the difference?
Title, requirements maybe, certificate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.