Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard about the Quincy PD hiring? I keep hearing rumors that a couple are being looked at from the list to enter a class near the summer. Anyone know about this?

Remember...WE NEVER LOSE!

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
A girl I work with just had an interview with them recently. They put a lot of people through the most recent academy but i'm sure they will have a few openings for the next class. Good luck... awesome $$, busy dept.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quincy just hired 7 (6 are in MBTA academy now). Word is that the dept. is looking to hire 15-22 for a spring academy. The new hires are needed to replace a very large number of guys retiring. Very very busy city, alot of felony calls. But it seems you need to be somewhat connected to get on in that city.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Act of Congress, Ha! It would take Jesus H. Christ himself to drive ya to city hall with a recomendation and they would probably throw him out and tell ya to go jump in the river.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The last lateral was from Abington PD, word is it was a very political move, inside job with the mayor etc etc....but for whatever reason he went back to Abington PD from QPD after a short time (2 yrs ?)....why he left is anyone's guess

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
From what I have heard Abington recently got a new chief who is supposedly very squared away, maybe the officer wanted to work for him?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Macop";p="53908 said:
From what I have heard Abington recently got a new chief who is supposedly very squared away, maybe the officer wanted to work for him?
Not a new Chief he was the Deputy Chief/ acting Chief and the current PT instructor in the Weymouth Academy which I'm proud to say I graduated from.. I would also work for him given the chance...

·
Registered
85 Posts
jay-z";p="56545 said:
Macop";p="53908 said:
Not a new Chief he was the Deputy Chief/ acting Chief and promoted sometime ago to Chief. He is also the current PT Instructor in the Weymouth Academy which I'm proud to say I Graduated from.. I would also work for him given the chance...

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
I heard that,, one of my co-workers had him as p/t instructor in the academy. Hey Mitpo62 thats the story of my life in this god forsaken hell hole of a state. I kick myself in the head for every day I dont go south or west, what the hell am I waiting for?

·
Subscribing Member
4,324 Posts
TrueBlue1997";p="53884 said:
The last lateral was from Abington PD, word is it was a very political move, inside job with the mayor etc etc....but for whatever reason he went back to Abington PD from QPD after a short time (2 yrs ?)....why he left is anyone's guess
He was one of the officers with the WaterWorks incident in Quincy.After that it was a good move to go back where he came from.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not that I know him first hand but word through the grapevine was that that lateral from Abington was a bag with a serious complex who was known to flash the tin a few too many times at bars and may have ruined it for many other hopefull laterals for years to come.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone know what # QPD got to on the civil service list...and what # they might go up to for the new 15-20 hires they might put on?

·
Subscribing Member
4,324 Posts
evidence";p="56575 said:
Not that I know him first hand but word through the grapevine was that that lateral from Abington was a bag with a serious complex who was known to flash the tin a few too many times at bars and may have ruined it for many other hopefull laterals for years to come.
You hit the nail on the head, that's who he is. His lateral was easier than others, his old man was the president of IBEW and this kid had more dimes than anybody I know. He was supposed to go MSP but after Waterworks that would never happen, even with a roll of silver dollars.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.