Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Quincy PD Sales of Gun Seizures

791 Views 4 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Delta784
Anyone know anything about this? Appears like sales occurring prior to the one year mark which is a no-no. It's starting to show up on all my local firearm feeds. Sounds like more Village Vault shenanigans.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun...ce-profiting-by-illegally-selling-seized-guns

LOL, in the guy's complaint, he notes a good friend of ours as calling this "a jihad on gun owners".

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/140254288#fullscreen
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G
News to me....the last I heard, we destroyed all seized firearms, which broke my heart, because I saw some very rare and valuable guns waiting to be destroyed in the evidence room.

The current chief is very pro-2AMD and gives Class A LTC's to just about any qualified person 25 years or older, so this is very surprising, if true.
Village Vault is actually getting sued in Federal Court right now by Comm2A for claims they essentially unconstitutionally seize firearms when given by PDs for storage, given all the crazy fees they charge often exceed the value of the firearms.

Basically, they hold on to them long enough and they own the guns.
News to me....the last I heard, we destroyed all seized firearms, which broke my heart, because I saw some very rare and valuable guns waiting to be destroyed in the evidence room.

The current chief is very pro-2AMD and gives Class A LTC's to just about any qualified person 25 years or older, so this is very surprising, if true.
I would also assume that quote he took was quite a while ago during the Crowley escapades...
G
I would also assume that quote he took was quite a while ago during the Crowley escapades...
It was.

Crowley was so bad about revoking or denying LTC's that the city council held a special public meeting on the subject, and the line of disgruntled gun owners waiting to speak went down the stairs and out onto the sidewalk in front of city hall.

"Jihad on gun owners".......I forgot about that one, that was a pretty good line. He at least could have spelled my last name correctly.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.