Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Quincy dad turns in daughter as bank robber suspect

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  gargoyle 
#1 ·
QUINCY -
A Quincy father, after spotting a very familiar face in a most-wanted photo on the Internet, went to police Wednesday and turned in his own daughter as the bank robber suspected in a Quincy robbery and two others in the last month.
Quincy police arrested 37-year-old Merredith Cunniff on Friday at her father's house on East Squantum Street in Quincy and charged her with the unarmed robbery of the Colonial Federal Savings Bank on Beach Street. The take in the July 16 robbery was $6,000.
Quincy police also suspect that Cunniff robbed two other banks: the Sovereign Bank in Marshfield on July 19 and the Mount Washington Bank in South Boston on July 12.
When he went to Quincy police, Cunniff's father, 67-year-old Edward Cunniff, looked at surveillance photos from both bank robberies and told police that he believed the woman in all of the photos is his daughter Merredith.

Read more: http://www.patriotledger.com/topstories/x181547518/Quincy-dad-turns-in-daughter-as-bank-robber-suspect#ixzz22ZmFr2GK

#3 ·
I cannot help but think this is a case of "She's my daughter, no matter what, I love her and I'll stand by her. I had to turn her in before she got in even deeper and possibly got hurt. Now at least I know she'll face justice, will be forced to stop this (hopefully) and maybe get some help."

He's a dad, my heart goes out to him.

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
Well, no way I could say your wrong. I don't think I could do that, but I cannot fault anyone who would.

G
#7 ·
That is soooooo unQuincy. They must not be native to the Q where people's kids can do no wrong. "Not my kid."
I showed a woman a security camera videotape from Walmart of her son repeatedly ramming a shopping cart into the passenger door of a new car, severely denting it. He was wearing a very distinct jacket, which he still had on while cuffed in the back of my cruiser, plus there were 5 independent witnesses who didn't know each other, and who positively identified the kid as doing it, one of whom (who was the same race as the suspect) videotaped it on her phone.

The mother's response?

"Racism".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.