Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. State C/Os what's the best job in the DOC?

2. Are you comfortable carrying the 38 revolvers when transporting or prefer something else?

3. Are the MA prisons staffed at safe levels?

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used to work for the DOC and first of all they are definitely not staffed enough. The 38 is like carrying something from the Jessie James days, they were supposed to switch to a Sig a couple of yrs ago but never did. Not sure if there really is a "best" job in the dept. I suppose being with the K-9 unit would be up there.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
I am very surprised that the DOC is still carrying those revolvers. I spoke with one of their firearms guys a few months back, and he told me that the change over was still planned, but was tied up in financing red tape. Fortunatley, we were pulled out of the academy for the firearms week, and did our own.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well I work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons and we carry 9mm Rugers. They aren't bad firearms. The 38 revolvers have to go with the state. I thought that the state was going to 40 calibers. When I worked for the county we carried 38's and 357's and just recently they went to S+W 40's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.