Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the weight of the hanging bag used in the seperation event of the PAT? How about the weight of the dummy for the dummy drag?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Go on HRD's website and look at the packet that the doctor reads.....it has all the info...bag is i think 75lbs and dummy 145lbs. I am taking this test on May 12 but have done it before a year ago.....it is not that bad. I slipped on the floor during the dummy drag and ended up throwing the dummy past the line and still made it under the time.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Very true. Ever since the academy I run 5 times a week and even though the PAT is not that difficult, those slips can kill you on time. Last time I passed, but I also bought some spray tack and put it on my sneakers for better traction.....still slipped, but at least it was not on the obsticle course.

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
The only part that gives me a hard time is the bag pull down. I'm a lightweight and I think the resistance wieght is the same as my body weight. The running part would have been alot easier if they would mop the floors every once in a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.