Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Okay... All great advise up above... But let me tell you about the Massachusetts hiring system...

I am 26.. I have been trying to get on since I was 18... My family heritgage has belonged to the Boston Police and Boston Fire... along comes me and all of a sudden I have better chances of winning the lottery..

I have a BS and a JD... Admitted as an attorney in Mass. I have an EMT-B Cert, on an aux dept, have all other certs that you can imagine, oh and sit on my town council... and believe it or not .. I can't get on a dept.. I came very close to getting on one in Maine, just had to wait for the call. Then the town had no money ended up laying officers off.. and away went my chances...

Soooo Zach.. my advice... start young... get used to the frustration.. take the exams... get your education... and good luck to you.... Volunteer on a dept... get into the explorer programs... get to know your local chief, selectman, anything you can... by not doing something you only hurt yourself.... do everything that you can...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.