Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any truth to when MSP are either doing radar or otherwise and stopped in the breakdown lane or

parked in the section that splits the north and southbound traffic where a sign reads " For Emergency Vehicles

Only " that you must be visible to the public if in fact you are looking for speeders /eratic drivers / or is it simply

use your discretion, personally i like the element of surprise because afterall if you're speeding or driving like a

moron with no common sense, then you deserve to be stopped...Just curious.

Stay safe out there folks and God bless !

Coop

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
The reflecto-tape makes ALL cruisers "high visibility" anyway. But I do believe they're not allowed to "hide".

And it has nothing to do with "MSP" - it's all cruisers - regardless of department.
Huh?

Are you saying that cruisers are not allowed to hide when doing radar? That's absolutely false.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Huh?

Are you saying that cruisers are not allowed to hide when doing radar? That's absolutely false.
No, not at all i was simply curious i would expect you to hide thats why i mentioned the element of surprise which of course catches you off guard everytime.

I have always been big on the element of surprise,it has taken down the biggest and baddest.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
We are constantly getting offers from "concerned citizens" to use their driveways as a place to run a speed detail so there goes the no private property argument.

I've personally run LIDAR with another officer and we park in a restaurant parking lot and stand on the sidewalk, pointing people over. Even got a free awesome lunch from the restaurant out of it, and no fawkers it wasn't Taco Bell.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Usted no quiere que Taco Bell?
Only when I'm slumming brother. And I'll take a three pack of the Doritos Tacos, for laxative effect only of course.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,879 Posts
Coop, when you dump leaves, do you put some of your mail in the bags to advertise who dumped it? Go back and hide in the useless word ASSociation thread and rack up your post count.
Oh Hank! Be nice he's a greenie! (supporting member):D

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In my City, I have to wear my "hat" backwards to blend in with other sidewalk urchins. Coop, when you dump leaves, do you put some of your mail in the bags to advertise who dumped it? Go back and hide in the useless word ASSociation thread and rack up your post count.
i think we're getting off topic !

close this useless thread, moody likes to talk it inflates his ego

·
Registered
945 Posts
In my City, I have to wear my "hat" backwards to blend in with other sidewalk urchins. Coop, when you dump leaves, do you put some of your mail in the bags to advertise who dumped it? Go back and hide in the useless word ASSociation thread and rack up your post count.
Almost spit my drink onto the keyboard, I've gotta remember that one.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Getting back in topic.... Is it true police officers have a monthly ticket quota and they get prizes for issuing the most tickets?
I furnished my yacht with the prizes I've earned. It's like those credit card programs, you build points and you have certain perks at certain points levels.

G

·
I have had people say you have to have your parking lights on while your doing traffic enforcement. Never seen it written anywhere and I'm sure MSP Cpl. Spirlet would have taught us.

G

·
This is, by far, the biggest coat-hanger abortion of a threat I've seen in six months on MC, and we're not even up to 2 pages.

Exactly why I've found another hangout. Fuuuuuuuuck you tards.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.