Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody
I am a citizen of Ukraine, now in the Ukrainian army, I am 19 years old, but when I am 21 I would like to enter the police academy in the United States. I do not have US citizenship
I would like to know if this is even possible
thank you, I wish you all a good day

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could start here, Right now I would say you have some more serious concerns to keep you occupied for now.
yes, I have a lot of work in my country
but I think about my future, so I want to know if I should work in this direction or think about others
thank you for your answer, good luck

·
Here comes the Wee-Woo man
231 Posts
if you don't mind moving anywhere in the US, you just need a green card. Many Departments in my state of maine will hire you, so long as you have a strong command of english and a green card. Just remember that you need to be able to speak, read and write fluently in english to gain employment. We had a guy at the portland maine police department just gain his citizenship, he was originally a slovak I believe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you don't mind moving anywhere in the US, you just need a green card. Many Departments in my state of maine will hire you, so long as you have a strong command of english and a green card. Just remember that you need to be able to speak, read and write fluently in english to gain employment. We had a guy at the portland maine police department just gain his citizenship, he was originally a slovak I believe.
yes, but unfortunately, as I see from the practice of my friends who know the language well - it is difficult to get a green card
when the "problem" in my country ends, I will definitely learn the language and try

·
Here comes the Wee-Woo man
231 Posts
yes, but unfortunately, as I see from the practice of my friends who know the language well - it is difficult to get a green card
when the "problem" in my country ends, I will definitely learn the language and try
I sent you a PM

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,820 Posts
If this is legitimate (Only an idiot won't be a bit skeptical, all things considered) then if you come here after things finally go the way it should in Ukraine, you will be so welcome with open arms, and rightfully so. You guys have been showing bigger balls than most of the world for years. Now, if only you could get ALL the arms you need, NOW, and if you could get all the foreign fighters who WANT to go there, you would....oh hell, you guys are KICKING ASS ALL BY YOURSELVES. But, with that said, I cannot see ANY Ukranian being denied anything after this shit is over. Come here, legally, get yourself a greencard and who knows, you could be Chief of Police somewhere in 5 years. God Bless You, Brother.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,877 Posts
If this is legitimate (Only an idiot won't be a bit skeptical, all things considered) then if you come here after things finally go the way it should in Ukraine, you will be so welcome with open arms, and rightfully so. You guys have been showing bigger balls than most of the world for years. Now, if only you could get ALL the arms you need, NOW, and if you could get all the foreign fighters who WANT to go there, you would....oh hell, you guys are KICKING ASS ALL BY YOURSELVES. But, with that said, I cannot see ANY Ukranian being denied anything after this shit is over. Come here, legally, get yourself a greencard and who knows, you could be Chief of Police somewhere in 5 years. God Bless You, Brother.
Jim!

Just don't steer him towards MassArt! Good luck Viktor!!!!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Well…slow the roll. ANY Candidate, no matter where they are from, MUST pass entrance requirements. We don’t hire just because…and thank God for that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you, i am already preparing physically and also learning english
so I will look forward to when the war in my country ends with our victory and I can migrate
you are wonderful people, I would not mind meeting you after my migration

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well…slow the roll. ANY Candidate, no matter where they are from, MUST pass entrance requirements. We don’t hire just because…and thank God for that.
I'm not arguing
Everyone should have the same conditions
that's why I'm preparing for the test and I know it won't be easy

·
Get off my lawn!
4,045 Posts
I just checked to see if you could apply for duel citizenship. US and Ukraine, but unfortunately that's not an option in Ukraine, especially now. Do you have any friends or family in the US I was thinking using the ol' Ilhan Omar technique and marry a fiend. My niece met a guy from France at the place she worked in Boston and they fell in love, they were dating for about year or so when he was advised his work visa was about to expire and that he would have to return to France, so they got married. I think they took all the precautions like singing a prenuptial agreement just incase thing went south. They are still are together today after 13ish years of marriage and still doing well.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just checked to see if you could apply for duel citizenship. US and Ukraine, but unfortunately that's not an option in Ukraine, especially now. Do you have any friends or family in the US I was thinking using the ol' Ilhan Omar technique and marry a fiend. My niece met a guy from France at the place she worked in Boston and they fell in love, they were dating for about year or so when he was advised his work visa was about to expire and that he would have to return to France, so they got married. I think they took all the precautions like singing a prenuptial agreement just incase thing went south. They are still are together today after 13ish years of marriage and still doing well.
I can't even imagine how it is possible to find a wife in the US, if I'm in Ukraine now haha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts