Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious about the shifts for MA Troopers, I have heard that the shifts are regular 8hrs, and a 4-2 workweek, and I have heard 10 hour shifts also. Also do troopers rotate between working days and nights?

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
"Dollars for collars"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Strategy-
You mean you folks wait until the end of your shift to snag a DUI so that it will require you to put in for at least 4-5 hours OT?
At what, at least 45-50 dollars an hour?
How do the taxpayers of the commonwealth feel about this???
Find it a little strange you would volunteer that on an open forum.....
:shock:

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
It's not like any other member of law enforcement doesnt hope for the occasional overtime call/collar just before the end of your shift. I'm sure no one is intentionally blowing off a DUI driver becuase theres no overtime involved.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Mikey.
For a minute there I was thinking somthing "hinky" was going on.
Stats and bean counters mean nothing to LE......

·
Registered
98 Posts
Taxpayer comment was just to fire you up.
Explain dollars for collars?
End of your shift, and you get the overtime, right?
I understand 'it's a fishing derby" exactly my point.
So how do you attribute a euphamism (dollars for collars) to somthing that is so random (bagging a drunk at the end of your shift?).
In other words it happens so often that you've put a name to it.
And yes it was feeble attempt to be sarcastic.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
9 times out of 10 an OUI no matter when caught is going to run into overtime, especially the last few hours of your shift.

Unless your a day jerk (no offense intended) and you make arrest your gonna get the OT for court.

You want something that will piss the tax payers off, how about getting summonsed 4 times (16 hrs. OT) for the same case where either the defendant or his lawyer failed to appear.

·
2,297 Posts
stubrie";p="52158 said:
Taxpayer comment was just to fire you up.
Explain dollars for collars?
End of your shift, and you get the overtime, right?
I understand 'it's a fishing derby" exactly my point.
So how do you attribute a euphamism (dollars for collars) to somthing that is so random (bagging a drunk at the end of your shift?).
In other words it happens so often that you've put a name to it.
And yes it was feeble attempt to be sarcastic.
Did you ever think that there may be more drunks on the road at 11:00p or 12:00a then at 4:00p? Some guys don't just "shut down" at the end of their shift, they keep working.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
9 times out of 10 an OUI no matter when caught is going to run into overtime, especially the last few hours of your shift.
This is especially true on the MSP where you book your own perp and you can't just drop people off at the "book". The "dollars for collars" comment I made earlier was just a cop joke, Stubrie, so don't get on the phone with your senator just yet. :roll:

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
that was a great response VOR!...."Corral of drunks"... that made water come outta my nose!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.