Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if any college PD's out there have a vehicle pursuit policy? :?: One of my Cpl.'s had a vehicle pursuit. (long story but had proper grounds)

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,757 Posts
PJM#15 said:
Was wondering if any college PD's out there have a vehicle pursuit policy? :?: One of my Cpl.'s had a vehicle pursuit. (long story but had proper grounds)
You betcha! especially the ones with/working toward accreditation. I can turn turn you on to some.
:wink:

·
Subscribing Member
4,378 Posts
Yeah MPD and I worked together and after one of my pursuits, where a guy crashed, we had a policy. It's not too restrictive but it is good to have. Especially when yo uare in the process of accreditation. :lol:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Restrictive isnt the word for that...I think Ridiculous is more appropriate. No foot pursuits?? So Joe Blow bad guy commits one or more of various crimes on the campus, and to successfully get away, only has to flee the scene on foot, because the campus cops cant chase him?? That would sound good to the criminals im sure.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We can chase them on foot all we want. But got to be carefull, lots of main roads around the college. The vehicle pursuit was a new thing for us, now we are looking into policies about this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
wrong!!!!!! Wentworth has no such written policy, Crimes against persons pursue, call back up, do what any municipal dept would do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I work for an accredited muncipal law enforcement agency and just finished up an assignment in our accreditation division. Our pursuit policy changed last summer. To sum it up, we can engage in vehicular pursuits for:

1) Persons operating recklessly PRIOR to our engagement
2) Fleeing from a crime of violence.

·
Registered
252 Posts
PJM#15 said:
We can chase them on foot all we want. But got to be carefull, lots of main roads around the college. The vehicle pursuit was a new thing for us, now we are looking into policies about this.

Pickles, who is this crazy sleepless campus cop that got into the mad pursuit of a fat man with a suspended license and revoked registration. And yet another mystery is who was the confused red head dispatching and another question who was the crazy court officer who disappeared during the 8-minute siren screaming lights flickering heart pounding event? HMMMMMMM?

·
1,952 Posts
Nightstick said:
wrong!!!!!! Wentworth has no such written policy, Crimes against persons pursue, call back up, do what any municipal dept would do.
You do realize he was a Sgt there right....

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Warning: Off Topic Post, but should be quick!!

PJM,

Again off topic, but what does your department do for training? The only reason I ask is, I went to the reserve academy in Norwood at night, about two years ago. The first night I went and a few after that, there were two guys in Dean uniforms sitting in the class. One guy had Corporal's stripes on. After a few classes, both of these guys never came back. It seemed real odd for a Corporal, to be just taking the reserve course. Maybe you can fill me in on this one?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.