Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Carlos Arroyo left the court with just over a minute left, he defiantly pulled at the words "Puerto Rico" on his jersey. He led his team with 24 points.

Since when did Puerto Rico become an independent country? Last time I checked my sources it showed that I and everyone who works is sending tax money to that "welfare island". When I go on my yearly cruise I never go the PR stop route. I found out that "gringos" are murdered and mugged down in the "welfare island" more then you realize. My first and last time there a PR PO told me NOT to go more then 3 blocks from the cruise ship. It would be too dangerous unarmed.

"That was him telling his island of 4 million people he was very proud to beat the big colossal from the north," Puerto Rico coach Julio Toro said.

You want pride for your "welfare island" then vote independence for your little island and the US will stop sending all the cash for welfare payments to your little barrio in the ocean. I and everyone else is paying for these barrio boys to play BB in Greece. When will this tax rape stop?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ah I think we should let em have their taxes if the navy/marines can use their little island for target practice again.

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
I can remember being down at rooseyroads back in 88 and not being allowed to leave the base after dark because it was too dangerous. I had a better time at Gitmo although we obviously did not leave that base either.

Carlos Arroyo is most likely a supporter or member of PIP and thinks that PR is or should be independent.

I say let em have their lil island and we can just pay rent for the base like we do in Cuba.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,756 Posts
Gil @ 16 Aug 2004 10:45 said:
I can remember being down at rooseyroads back in 88 and not being allowed to leave the base after dark because it was too dangerous. I had a better time at Gitmo although we obviously did not leave that base either.
Hel Gil!
You old knee-deep sailor you! Any navy unit (submerged) could smoke the Island with BM-109's on their way to hold a shellback ceremony!
:lol:
40th MPOC and his Fly-buddies could then take some nice photo's for the Media!
:wink:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was thinking the same thing when I watched PR vs USA in Basketball.

I have also made the mistake of departing from PR on a cruise. I will Never go on a cruise that even comes close to that island again.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For most people it only takes one visit to the "little barrio welfare island" to show them the mistake in going there. They hate "gringos" and especially the US military. I say let them go and become independent. Within 10 years they will be an island of death and disease. Either that or part of Cuba.

Welcome to the island of Portable Ricans, please empty your pockets and raise your hands.

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
For most people it only takes one visit to the "little barrio welfare island" to show them the mistake in going there. They hate "gringos" and especially the US military. I say let them go and become independent. Within 10 years they will be an island of death and disease. Either that or part of Cuba.

Welcome to the island of Puerto Ricans, please empty your pockets and raise your hands.
Welcome to the island of Portable Rico might be more politically correct :?

I think it is stupid that they played against their own county in the games, the officials should reconsider that bs

·
Registered
56 Posts
I went to Puerto Rico in 1996 when i was still in the Royal Marines, it left a lasting memory of spending too much money in the PX, having to walk with an oppo ( mate ) in case some made fool tried to mug me, oh and the driving skills of the taxi drivers !

If banger racing ( i think you call it stock car ) becomes an event their garanteed gold !!

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
I
Carlos Arroyo is most likely a supporter or member of PIP and thinks that PR is or should be independent.
That's funny, in Worcester we have a PIP. It's filled with Puerto Ricans who still think they're back on the island. They rob the tax payers too. "Work" consists of shooting up and Rubles drinking.

I'm all for their independence. Give them their sovereignty, then they have 30 days to move back. No more tax dollars. We'll buy Vieques to make up for it.

I too have been to San Juan on vacation. Rottens......

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Nothing like a country and its territory competing against themselves... :shock:
actually it is not themselves, but each other. Grammar errors make for bad arrest report writing just in case one day you do have to write out that first arrest report.
Thanks Off-i-sa... me's never done one of them there arrest reports... :shock:
(sorry "oh great one!". I failed to take that extra moment to proof read my entry)

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
Nothing like a country and its territory competing against themselves... :shock:
actually it is not themselves, but each other. Grammar errors make for bad arrest report writing just in case one day you do have to write out that first arrest report.
Thanks Off-i-sa... me's never done one of them there arrest reports... :shock:
(sorry "oh great one!". I failed to take that extra moment to proof read my entry)
Now how come no goes off on Dunny like that when she corrects someone? :?

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
ahhh yes the photo, lets reflect..... =P~

Ok done drooling, now back to the spelling

Highly recommended, extremely easy to use, installs in seconds and can be used in all text fields on any web page. http://www.iespell.com/download.php

·
Registered
156 Posts
Anyone else have a problem with this: Puerto Ricans by birth can come to the US without a passport because they are a territory. They can transfer their license without taking a drivers test. They are automatic citizens, but this is my big pisser: they aren't taught US history in school. Of course there are more things that annoy me than that, but that's a big one. My girlfriend is Puerto Rican and I think that is one thing that would have helped her assimilate better as well if she knew English before coming here. And I'm not saying it would have made things easier for her, but everyone that has to deal with her or anyone else in her position. I see too often the general lack of respect for the country from many members of that group. Thank God my girlfriend wants to be productive and is actually getting into law enforcement as well. I can't understand all of them that have such PR pride but I don't see them celebrate being an american. I haven't been there but I've have heard alot about the island. Besides nice beaches and a few good resorts there isn't anything to be very proud of. There aren't alot of opportunities, jobs suck for pay, cars are way to expensive, and a large majority young people (and some older) spend most of their time drunk and/or stoned. And to top it off there is alot of crime, especially violent ones and murders. People shouldn't forget their culture but they should remember they came here for a reason.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
People shouldn't forget their culture but they should remember they came here for a reason.
Exactly!!! People come here and complain about this and that, and "in my country we would have done...". They praise their country to high heaven, well if it's so good, what the helll are they doing here?

G

·
Hummmmmm…..

After reading all this posts, it only shows the lack of information about a topic. :rd:
For examples:

Dan H wrote-
1. They aren't taught US history in school- That’s False

2. But I don't see them celebrate being an American- And again it’s false. I guess none of you had been in PR
On June14 or July 4

3. Large majority young people (and some older) spend most of their time drunk and/or stoned. After reading this statement I could think that in the USA there is no drunk or people that use drugs. Let me remind you that the US is the #1 country in America that consumes drugs. Look for the list of “worst city to live in”. There you will find cities as Detroit, Washington DC, Liberty City and others.

4. And to top it off there is a lot of crime, especially violent ones and murders- Do we have crimes in Boston????

Gil wrote-
1.Carlos Arroyo is most likely a supporter or member of PIP and thinks that PR is or should be independent- Not everyone that’s proud to from PR is from the P.I.P. In fact there is only 2.5% of the 4 millions the live in PR that support the PIP.

MarkBoston wrote-

1.For most people it only takes one visit to the "little barrio Welfare Island" to show them the mistake in going there. They hate "gringos" and especially the US military. I say let them go and become independent. Within 10 years they will be an island of death and disease. Either that or part of Cuba.

Welcome to the island of Portable Ricans, please empty your pockets and raise your hands.

Do we have low income neighborhoods in the US or are only in PR? Do we have people in welfare here or it’s only in the US? I don’t know where all of you get that Puertorricans hate “gringos” like I said before there are only 2.5% of the people that want the independence. The rest wants the statehood or the Commonwealth.

To conclude, I was born in PR. I started my LEO career there as a PO. When PO’s graduate from the academy they also get a College degree (AS in criminal justice). The academy length when I started in 96 was over a year. And was a “lived in academy”. I am proud to be an American and also proud of my culture. PR has the same problems as any other country. PR is a Commonwealth of the USA. If PR is able to play in the Olympics and still be part of the USA then people should write to their congressman to see if they ban PR to play in any international games. Get over it!! It was just a basketball game (92 PR-73 Dream Team)

Be safe!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.