Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yeah, THAT GUY!
2,728 Posts
No idea, but if there's a tuition waiver for family members, I'd do it for minimum wage if my kids go to college for free.
I think that Curry has/had a reciprocal tuition waiver agreement with more than one school so that's worth a lot right there.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
Easy commute also, it's just a short hop off 128, er 95, er, WHATEVER!

Next door to Hyde Park so the potential for a few local kids (Milton kids would NEVER do anything bad!) to come on campus looking for a good time. Decent campus over all.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Hey Kilv! Stevie wants to know if they're armed (wink)

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Unless things have changed dramatically since I graduated in 2000, they are very much a public safety/customer service oriented department as opposed to police. If you've been to a recognized academy they will sponsor for SSPO, but not everyone does.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
Hey Kilv! Stevie wants to know if they're armed (wink)
Sorry I didn't see this sooner, tell him, YES. Lugars. They're pricey, but very cool. They also have three, not one, not two, but THREE armored cars: 2 with simple water cannons and one with a 20mm cannon, just in case! Their AIR UNIT is one of the best College air units in the state. TWO bell jet copters with air to surface missles that have a pepper spray warhead.

and batons.

The ONLY confusion I've had about the department, I've noticed that some are SSPO per the website and some are not listed as such yet all are called PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICERS. I did read Delta's post, but it does give a rather somewhat confusing bit of information. It's somewhat like Mass. General. We're ALL the same, only some can arrest and some can't. Otherwise, there's no difference what-so-ever.

·
Subscribing Member
824 Posts
Young people- use this as a stepping stone toward a police job.

Old cops- use this job as a stepping stone toward a college education for your kids.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts