Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PUBLIC SAFETY DISPATCHERS
FULL-TIME & ON-CALL POSITIONS AVAILABLE

Highly responsible position in a fast-paced combined Police, Fire & EMS Communications Center. Answers emergency & non-emergency calls, monitors various computer equipment, and dispatches public safety personnel to various calls. Requires excellent communication skills, ability to multitask, & routine computer skills. Full-Time dispatchers must be available for all shifts, including nights, holidays & weekends and are eligible for shift differential and EMD/EMT stipends plus excellent benefits. Hourly rate: $18.48-$23.39.
Application Deadline: 8/14/08.

To obtain the required application form & further information, contact Personnel Department, Concord Town House, 978-318-3026, www.concordma.gov. EOE.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Residency for dispatching? Never heard of it, sure they want someone close but I doubt any people from Concord will be making a full time career out of dispatching. Just my 2 coins

·
Registered
238 Posts
unless somebody interested in a psd job that also lives within(IIRC) 15mi of concord, i doubt they will have much luck filling that job under those requirements.

im one of those filthy smokers, so i stopped caring about that job when i read that they only employ non smokers. id quit tomorrow and never light up again for a billet with msp, but not for a dispatching job in concord.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,421 Posts
.:yes:that's one nifty reply, old sport.

·
Subscribing Member
4,323 Posts
Concord pays very well and it can lead to a FT police officer position. They hired one and sent her to FT academy paid but they usually like to hire people already trained. There are no PT reserve officer positions there and you have to be full time to work details in Concord, so make sure you know that now. I know a lot of people that want to dispatch and work PT to work details, not the case there. Squared away PD, very strict and you f*ck up and you'll be out on your ass in no time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Took the test today, along with about 25 other people. The question was asked about how many positions they are looking to fill, at least one and possibly 2 to fill.

·
18,421 Posts
25-2, not all that bad odds considering that no doubt, at least two or three will have misread most of the questions and failed miserably. Good Luck to all those deserving souls who took that test.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The lady that gave the test also said that not everyone that took the test will be called for an interview. People getting over 70% correct answers and those that are "highly qualified" or something like that based on resumes will be called.

I am going to guess the pool gets cut down to about 15-20, and maybe less for interviews. One lady obviously didn't read the letter they sent, as it says as soon as you enter the building, take a right to the elevator, don't check in at the desk. She walked right by the elevator and went straight to the desk.

·
18,421 Posts
If she gets hired, she must either have some real pull or is VERY qualified.

I mean that in the true sense, not the sense that some of you might consider.

Like I did at first.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts