Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
GMass you nailed it. I've seen and continue to see the same problems with the kids that are getting hired. Most simply don't have people skills so the escalate a simple situation into a physical altercation. Oh and your college degree isn't worth shit when dealing with some transient meth head who hates cops..Just saying.
I carry it with me and throw it at them when they bother me.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Then you'll be a cop and realize how foolish it is that you were a mod on a cop forum and how much you knew back then.
Wow, what the fuck? Are you bipolar or something? You have some posts that are great, post information that is helpful to even an old fuck like me who likes to think he knows everything, and then you go and kick the hornet's nest and start shit with longtime members. I'm not even talking about these fuckin' noobs that need a beatdown, but I can think of at least three times where you have come across as a real punk that I'd backhand.

Your douche nozzle is spraying everywhere lately.

·
Registered
435 Posts
True. When I lived in Pennsylvania, I paid for the Academy on my own and worked another job on the side. Although it was a PT academy spread out over the course of 11 months. But then again, this was PA and I was making a lot more than minimum wage... Ha.

A cool $7.75/hour and no guarantee of having a job when you complete Academy? I guess the only plus side is that after graduating Academy, you would be RI certified and could apply for other departments? Unless you are bound to an agreement with Providence?

That brings up another thought... Are there any members that have multiple state certifications?
Sorry for such a late reply i didn't read this thread before. There is no "bound to providence agreement"

and as far as being "RI Certified" you would need to apply for a waiver to the RI POST. Providence and RI State Police run their own academy so therefore they are not POST certified upon graduation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just got a letter to appear for my board on monday :) do they really do background checks before an oral board? you would think the background check would come after the oral board granted they liked you and wanted you to move forward in the process..Is this SOP or is there another back ground test after? Just wandering..

·
MassCops Member
568 Posts
[/quote].. Just wandering..[/quote]

Well don't "wandering" too far... you'll miss your "oral" board... lol

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
lol good one duff112.. seriously any one know what the deal is with that?
Easier to arrest the applicants with warrants. It's like fish in a barrel.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 263FPD

·
Super Moderator
7,127 Posts
An oral board takes 30 minutes...a background takes a lot longer. I personally like the departments that don't give you a packet until after the oral board better than the ones that make you submit them up front.

I don't want to fill out a 30 page background packet for a department that knows who they are going to hire already, or for a department that I don't score high enough in the oral board to move into background anyway.

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 jigawatts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
They also want to know if you have any inconsitancies in your statements during the interview or if you have any explaining to do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
They probably do a preliminary background check prior to you walking in, just the basics, past arrests, outstanding warrants, driving background, restraining orders and such. Like what was already stated above, no point in having someone interview if they have blatant disqualifications in their packet.

The real background will happen following the interview, which is the interviews with employers, family, etc etc.

Seems like it is going to be a big class, very short for bodies right now. Good luck to those going for interviews.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I did backgrounds for my dept and we would do the complete investigation before the oral board. One of the theories was if you had negatives you wouldn't get to the oral board.
The city didn't look at it as an added expense because I was there and they were paying me whether I did an investigation or played solitaire on my computer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm still in, they said I had successfully completed everything. An email was sent to me back in Jan saying that the overall process was still "ongoing" and that they would notify me of my status in the "near future" whatever that means cause it's been like four months and still no word. Anyone else still in? Or heard any update?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts