Providence Police Hiring | Page 3 | MassCops

Providence Police Hiring

Discussion in 'Rhode Island' started by blue1stand9, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

An oral board takes 30 minutes...a background takes a lot longer. I personally like the departments that don't give you a packet until after the oral board better than the ones that make you submit them up front.

I don't want to fill out a 30 page background packet for a department that knows who they are going to hire already, or for a department that I don't score high enough in the oral board to move into background anyway.

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 jigawatts

Joel98 likes this.
  2. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

True. All that my last department did was call my supervisor at my prior department, despite me filling out an entire background packet.

3. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

They also want to know if you have any inconsitancies in your statements during the interview or if you have any explaining to do.

263FPD likes this.
  4. blue1stand9

blue1stand9 MassCops Member

They probably do a preliminary background check prior to you walking in, just the basics, past arrests, outstanding warrants, driving background, restraining orders and such. Like what was already stated above, no point in having someone interview if they have blatant disqualifications in their packet.

The real background will happen following the interview, which is the interviews with employers, family, etc etc.

Seems like it is going to be a big class, very short for bodies right now. Good luck to those going for interviews.

5. sdb29

sdb29 MassCops Member

I did backgrounds for my dept and we would do the complete investigation before the oral board. One of the theories was if you had negatives you wouldn't get to the oral board.
    The city didn't look at it as an added expense because I was there and they were paying me whether I did an investigation or played solitaire on my computer.

6. Razorbacks34

Razorbacks34 New Member

anyone still in this process?

7. Flaco23

Flaco23 New Member

I'm still in, they said I had successfully completed everything. An email was sent to me back in Jan saying that the overall process was still "ongoing" and that they would notify me of my status in the "near future" whatever that means cause it's been like four months and still no word. Anyone else still in? Or heard any update?