Protective Service Police (Federal) | MassCops

Protective Service Police (Federal)

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by Dragnet, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Dragnet

Dragnet New Member

I read a news article recently which claimed that the numbers have dwindled dramatically with the Federal Protective Service Police. If this is true, what a shame. How soon we forget 911....... I think the only Government that "gets it" is the Israelis. They never let their guard down....... We, unfortunately, have politicians like John Edwards who don't even think we are in a "War on Terror". Hopefully we smarten up!

2. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

Your right, but sadly, we won't.

3. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

yes, FPS has dwindled with funding and numbers so badly that its ineffective. ICE/DHS are starving the agency out. Makes no sense to me since the DHS office is IN a federal building and i would think that they would atleast want to avoid another waco texas or a 9/11 on a greater scale. What people dont get is that this is a 3 front war. The war in Iraq, the war in Afghanistan and the war at home. Domestic terror is still a real threat as well as foreign nationals living in this country. Remember the terrorist for 9/11 flew out of logan! This country needs to realize that the terrorists havent lost the capabilitie to strike at this country simply because we are in Iraq.

4. misconceived

misconceived is Goin down the bah

5. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Oh My God!

I never thought I'd see this day: Good job Hillary!

6. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

i agree at least she stopped the castration of one LE agency

7. countymounty

countymounty MassCops Member

Yeah. I have to give her credit (as much as I can't stand her). Of course it was purely political motivation, but whatever. This adminstration let her walk right in and take the glory. Nothing but bungling since day one.

The fact that DHS was defunding this agency, along with other agencies which protect critical infrastructure, was mind boggling. I think they intended to replace them with private contractors. I'd love to see a cost/benefit on that. Total BS.

The HR 1 bill will add monies for port and railroad security too, which means more railroad and port cops.