Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Paragon Systems Inc. is currently looking for Protective Security Officers to fill positions in MA , specifically the Boston area. Pay starts at $25 an hour and after 90 days goes to $27.
Former or current Military, LE, & Corrections are strongly urged to apply.
All equipment is issued.
This is a union job.
For more information please reach out to Captain Scott Wood at [email protected]
Thank you for your interest
Vic Horton Contract Manager.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Paragon Systems Inc. is currently looking for Protective Security Officers to fill positions in MA , specifically the Boston area. Pay starts at $25 an hour and after 90 days goes to $27.
Former or current Military, LE, & Corrections are strongly urged to apply.
All equipment is issued.
This is a union job.
For more information please reach out to Captain Scott Wood at [email protected]
Thank you for your interest
Vic Horton Contract Manager.
I think this is the company a buddy of mine signed up for being promised a Full time position. When he got to the orientation first thing they told everyone was “don’t expect to get hours all positions are filled.” They said that this was only a part time/ per diem position. Just a heads up.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,799 Posts
Overall many of these companies are OK to so-so to work for. What you may find is training periods at minimum wage, whacker co-workers, frustrating supervision, and ever-changing schedules and job locations. If you realize this going in, you may be okay to do it for 1-2 years until your ship comes in. I have known many younger veterans worked for ISA, G4S, etc recently, I don't know specifics about Paragon.

·
Southern Campus Cop
167 Posts
Paragon is pretty good . They work mostly federal sites, but the job is mostly monotonous “stand at the metal detector and wand every visitor” stuff, but the pay is very good for security, and they’re fully armed and equipped. You’ll still get some whack job coworkers (I’m pretty sure it was a Paragon guard who drew down on/tried to arrest a uniformed deputy for carrying his duty weapon into and IRS office in Ohio). I’ve heard they also have very strict rules barring cell phone use on site, so you better hope there’s not an emergency at home for eight hours, and you don’t have any way to kill time when nothing is going on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think this is the company a buddy of mine signed up for being promised a Full time position. When he got to the orientation first thing they told everyone was “don’t expect to get hours all positions are filled.” They said that this was only a part time/ per diem position. Just a heads up.
This obviously stinks to hear. I have only been the CM since last January. I can tell you that the wording goes like this: Everyone starts off part time although you might get full time hours right from the start. It is a union shop so eventually you bid for a shift. We actually push to have more full timers than part timers. If you would like more info feel free to email at [email protected]

TY

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Paragon is pretty good . They work mostly federal sites, but the job is mostly monotonous “stand at the metal detector and wand every visitor” stuff, but the pay is very good for security, and they’re fully armed and equipped. You’ll still get some whack job coworkers (I’m pretty sure it was a Paragon guard who drew down on/tried to arrest a uniformed deputy for carrying his duty weapon into and IRS office in Ohio). I’ve heard they also have very strict rules barring cell phone use on site, so you better hope there’s not an emergency at home for eight hours, and you don’t have any way to kill time when nothing is going on.
Your family can call the SOC and get ahold of you. Just like calling Dispatch to get you on duty…

1 - 8 of 8 Posts