Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of or experienced a problem with the finish on a Sig? I just purchased a new one, and after firing it only three times, all of the finish is worn off around the edge of the barrel...and a couple of other places on the barrel...

Also, there are what I can only describe as "burn marks" on the inside of the frame.

I sent it back to Sig, and they say this is normal wear and tear. Prior to this, I owned a Glock for five years, and the finish was not worn nearly as much.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Which Sig, which finish? When you say on the barrel do you mean "near the muzzle" like at the front of the slide? Also as to burn marks where? on the inside of the slide or near the ejection port?

What ammo do you use? and could you take pictures?

·
Registered
157 Posts
metrowestblues @ 25 Aug 2004 16:01 said:
I sent it back to Sig, and they say this is normal wear and tear. Prior to this, I owned a Glock for five years, and the finish was not worn nearly as much.

Any thoughts?
Sorry, I just can't resist...it's because the Glock is a better weapon.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Wear on the Sig barrel, especially on the top (where the barrel locks to the frame) is completely normal, it will not effect the function or operation of the weapon, nor will it affect its corrision resistance to any noticable degree. I have fired something on the order of 6,000-7,000 rounds through my duty weapon over the past 4 years and have had no problems with either. I can't make any comment with the "burn marks" without more specific information, except to guess that maybe its unburned powder from low-cost ammo (Wolf's in particular has a reputation for leaving a lot of unburned powder).

As far as Glock VS. Sig please refer to my earlier post on the subject.

Masscops

I won't even stoop to address the Beretta VS. Sig question, as it's laughable.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
How did it shoot?
:shock:

Christ.........Just shoot it, clean it, and enjoy it.
:wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts