President please pardon these agents NOW | MassCops

President please pardon these agents NOW

Discussion in 'Illegal Immigration Issues' started by Stevec, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Stevec

Stevec New Member

In just 15 days U.S. Border Agent’s Ignacio Ramos and
    Jose Compean are going to prison for doing their jobs!
    RA members, these men were distinguished professionals--
    family men who swore to protect our nation from drug
    traffickers and criminals. Now their lives are in peril.
    Please forward this message to 30-40 of your friends
    urging them to join with you by signing the petition
    demanding the President pardon these agents.

http://www.grassfire.org/142/petition.asp?PID=11947746

2. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Re: sign the petition demanding the President pardon these agents

done.... talk bout being screwed over!

3. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

I signed a while ago

4. Nightstalker

Nightstalker MassCops Member

how is it possible to come into the country illegal... get caught in the process and then sue for civil rights violations... This is going to be the new thing in mexico... try to come to the US>.. get you ass beat.... go and sue and now u have enough money to enter the country legally....

5. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

Already on the list.
    What a travesty of justice.

6. rocksy1826

rocksy1826 MassCops Member

signed.

that is absurd

7. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

Our protected border???

We overthrow foreign governments at a moments notice, but we are a "paper tiger" when it comes to our own national border.

12 News
    Jan. 4, 2007 02:44 PM

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
    A U.S. Border Patrol entry Identification Team site was overrun Wednesday night along Arizona's border with Mexico.

According to the Border Patrol, an unknown number of gunmen attacked the site in the state's West Desert Region around 11 p.m. The site is manned by National Guardsmen. Those guardsmen were forced to retreat. [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]advertisement[​IMG]OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1')http://q.azcentral.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_lx.ads/www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/borderstory0104-CR.html/63285190/ArticleFlex_1/OasDefault/az_lung_association_ros/ala160.txt/31383366386665333435396563303030?_RM_EMPTY_ [​IMG][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Border Patrol will not say whether shots were fired. However, no Guardsmen were injured in the incident.

The Border Patrol says the incident occurred somewhere along the 120 mile section of the border between Nogales and Lukeville. The area is known as a drug corridor. Last year, 124-thousand pounds of illegal drugs were confiscated in this area.

The Border patrol says the attackers quickly retreated back into Mexico. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]----KPNX-TV 12
    1101 N. Central Ave.
    Phoenix, AZ 85004[/FONT]

It is disgusting that we have Border Patrol agents going to jail and Guardsmen forced to follow protocols. Drug cartels, corrupt military, and migrants are free to attack uniformed and civilian Americans on United States soil. We are tougher on shoplifters than on armed incursions of the border.

8. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

Re: Our protected border???

No ACLU in Haj land.

9. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Every single soldier on the border should be combat loaded. I am so f'kn disgusted with all these wishy washy feel good "rules of engagement" that we burden our troops with. How about "do what your told or I ll kill you asshole"....in spanish, portugese, cantonese, arabic,latin of course. On second thought, been my experience if I point anM-4 at someones ass ...they seem to know what Im saying.

10. Nachtwächter

Nachtwächter New Member

Are the guardsmen even armed?

11. justanotherparatrooper

NO, I remember that being an issues cause theyre just observers for the BP..so stupid

12. CPT Chaos

CPT Chaos Subscribing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DOD Image​

A U.S. Army National Guard member stands watch on a ridge above Nogales, Ariz., on the U.S. border with Mexico, July 19, 2006. The soldiers are working with the U.S. Border Patrol in support of Operation Jump Start.​

He probably has either 9 or 18 rounds in a magazine, carried in his ammo pouch for personnal protection.​

I'm sure the ROE says to avoid all conflict with the "guest workers".​

13. Home Wood

Home Wood MassCops Member

Yup, this is the liberal America we live in. Lord knows how bad our security and enforcement will get with the Dem's in the house and senate and in the Oval officer in 2008 (I'm sure). I think about moving up to the northern territory of Canada sometimes and getting the hell away from all this....

14. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

had this discussion in work today. one theory is it's the "new world order"

keep the borders open , form one big "North American Union" with mexico and canada to compete with the EU and China.

the Guard is down there only to assuage the american public until the plan is complete.

don't know if it's that sinister or just plain greed on the part of business owners , but regardless of who's running washington, the beat goes on............

15. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

Home Wood wrote:
    Yup, this is the liberal America we live in. Lord knows how bad our security and enforcement will get with the Dem's in the house and senate and in the Oval officer in 2008 (I'm sure). I think about moving up to the northern territory of Canada sometimes and getting the hell away from all this....

Canada is probably worse!

16. wgciv

wgciv New Member

MaCop, you should go up there with him

17. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

Proudly signed!!

18. justanotherparatrooper

I stand corrected

19. CPT Chaos

I did a little research on this:

By Dale Quinn , arizona daily star Sat Jan 6, 3:41 AM ET

Volunteers with the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps are headed for the Arizona-Mexico border to provide backup for National Guard troops in response to an incident near Sasabe in which the approach of armed men forced soldiers to retreat. About 11 p.m. Wednesday, soldiers with a National Guard Entry Identification Team — which provides additional eyes and ears for the U.S. Border Patrol and notifies it of suspicious activity — saw a group of armed people approaching them in the desert, said Mario Martinez, spokesman for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's Border Patrol Office.
    The group came within 100 yards of the National Guard post, so the troops moved to a safer location and notified Border Patrol agents, Martinez said.
    When agents arrived minutes later, the armed individuals were gone, but the agents tracked their footprints to the U.S.-Mexican border, Martinez said.
    The incident occurred in the west desert corridor between Nogales and Lukeville near Sasabe, which has been a busy area for marijuana seizures since last year.
    The Border Patrol does not know who the individuals were, why they were armed, or why they were in the United States, Martinez said. There was no verbal or physical confrontation with Guard troops, he said.
    Chris Simcox, the founder and president of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, said the incident shows the federal government is ineffective when it comes to protecting the border.
    "The fact that National Guardsmen were forced to retreat from an armed incursion," Simcox said. "It's just absurd."
    The volunteer border-watch organization wants to send the message that National Guard troops aren't making U.S. citizens any safer.
    "The National Guard needs to be unhandcuffed, and they need to be able to deal with these aggressive international incidents," Simcox said.
    The troops need to be able to detain illegal immigrants when they encounter them, he said.
    The volunteers will be armed so they can defend themselves, and they won't retreat if confronted by dangerous border crossers, he said.
    Maj. Paul Aguirre, a spokesman for the Arizona National Guard, said troops are armed and will defend themselves if their lives are in danger, but their role is to provide support for the Border Patrol.
    Martinez said the National Guard has been effective in its role. The troops provide vehicle maintenance and carry out administrative duties that previously kept agents away from their work on the border.
    The troops also spot illegal immigrants who otherwise would go unnoticed, Martinez said.
    The Border Patrol appreciates citizen involvement, but "the border is a dangerous place," Martinez said. "And we have Border Patrol agents trained specifically for that mission."
    Robin Hoover, the founder of Humane Borders and pastor of First Christian Church, said sending armed U.S. citizens to the border is "idiotic."

"It's insane for non-trained personnel to go to the border," he said. "You're just begging for an international incident to happen."
    He also called into question how effective the National Guard troops were in their mission because they were unable to identify the armed individuals.
    He pointed out that both U.S. and Mexican military personnel inadvertently cross the border without realizing it and that could have happened in this situation.
    Martinez said it's important for people not to overreact to the recent incident and that the National Guard troops did exactly what they were expected to do.
    "We need to make sure that people know what happened out there is serious," Martinez said. "But we don't exaggerate it." "It's insane for non-trained personnel to go to the border. You're just begging for an international incident to happen."

20. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

why is it when armed mexicans overrun our border we're told not to "over-react"

but armed Americans defending themselves on American soil will create a "international incident" ?

21. CPT Chaos

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that this is the first time since the Civil War that American Soldiers, on American Soil have been involved in a retreat.

Wait until one National Guardsman performing his Annual Training down there gets killed by an undocumented worker just trying to get to work over here.

The $hit will hit the fan when the public finds out how the ROE is preventing soldiers from performing like soldiers.

22. REILEYDOG

REILEYDOG MassCops Member

There's always going to be the argument that the Guardsmen are not trained as law enforcement. But they should no be there to act in a law enforcement capacity. They should be there as US troops defending a hostile border, and they should be equipped the same as if they were in Iraq.

23. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

Wow, truly sad. I know that at most military bases guards with m16 were not locked and loaded unless the defcon was elevated. Gotta love this "war on drugs" they spend more money on pissing it away on retard countries like brazil and colombia Nicaragua and mexico that just take the money we give them to combat illegal drugs and use it for political capital and especially in colombia to use it to wage war against the extremists. When we should be sand bagging positions and hardening our border. You might as well have the guards pass out base ball cards and big league chew to every smuggler that comes across.

Your thinking of posse commitatus (sp) the military cannot police the citizens. However I also agree that a border in any other country has armed guards just not ours.

24. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

Signed I hope I helps cause thats rediculous I was sick when I heard that

25. ryan933

ryan933 New Member

I just signed, and I hope more of you did than is indicated by the small number of responses to this thread. If you can't be bothered to take 2 minutes of your time to support these agents, you have no business on this site, nor on the job!