Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHEATON, Maryland (AP) -- A pregnant woman said she was handcuffed by transit police and forced to lie on her stomach during an arrest that began with her talking too loudly on her cell phone.

Sakinah Aaron, 23, said she feared her unborn baby would be harmed when the officer forced her to the ground and put his knee in her back at a bus stop earlier this month. A doctor later said her 5-month-old fetus was not harmed.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/09/28/phone.arrest.ap/index.html

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wonder if that was the same transit officer who arrested the 12 year old girl for eating a french fry.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Another idiot on a cell phone...and disorderly as well...too bad she won't have to whelp in jail (wouldn't that be a nice way for a kid to begin life :x )

Sounds like the odds are stacked against this 'pending' child already! :evil:

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Guys, you know I support the police at the drop of hat, but I dont know about this one-----seems excessive to me but I wont pass judgement on the officer cause there is not alot of info and I wasnt there.

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
Sounds like a noncompliant handcuffing situation to me. I assume the reason the prisoner was cuffed from that position was because of her noncompliance to the verbal commands that were issued during her arrest. A lovely story junior will have to tell all his buddies in the secure lockup when he gets older :twisted:

·
Subscribing Member
284 Posts
AH.....I would do the same. Pregnant women can fight and can have weapons too. Also, same with the elderly, they are just as dangerous. No holds bard if they resist.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not knowing anything about any of this stuff I will offer the following.

You don't comply, you get what you get.
If you are a pregnant mother, it's all the MORE reason to comply as quickly and as directly, and politely as possible - you are responsible not only for yourself but the helth and welfare of your unborn child.

People seem to want to blame everyone else for the dumb things they do, it's about time people started taking personal responsibility for AT LEAST their own actions.
Police officer tells you to stop yelling into your cell phone and cursing, do it. Not five minutes from now, not when you are done...NOW. You don't do it now, you get what you get...and to that end if it ends up endangering someone else (like the baby in your belly) you should get in trouble for that as well.

Most police aren't looking for a fight or to ruin your day (well maybe the mullet brothers in Boston), they are doing their job...and I would bet if a cop didn't have to deal with ANY people doing stupid things all day, that would be a good day. If a cop is talking to you for something you were doing, it's probably becuase you were being an ass hat.

AH.....I would do the same. Pregnant women can fight and can have weapons too. Also, same with the elderly, they are just as dangerous. No holds bard if they resist.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I read the story on MSN. I'd have to support the transit officer. The woman was given a chance & she chose to be beligerent. It's nice to see that the administration is supporting the officer.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Lets look on the bright side: he didn't kick her in the stomach...regardless of whether she deserved it or not! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.