Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI! A member of our family needs a ton of prayers.
I am passing this on as requested.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: [NPCA] Prayer Request Update

Mike Kralicek is the name of the officer critically wounded. I'm sorry I couldn't give the name out this am as it was mum's the word out of respect for the family. It was not publically released until the family was by his side in Seattle, WA. He's only been with the CDAPD since June this year, though not a rookie. Mike, his wife, and two small children moved out here for the position from North Bend, OR (where he was also employed as a police officer).

Late am he was airlifted to Harbor View in Seattle, WA. As of tonight he was done with surgery for the day and was upgraded to serious but stable condition. A local business owner volunteered the services of his personal plane to fly his family and a few fellow officers to Seattle to be with him (6-7 hr drive and a nightmare to fly out of Spokane this time of year in a hurry). The doctors said that the prognosis was grim as this was a serious gun shot wound to the head.

There is a fund set up to assist Mike's family with extra financial burdons. Information on the fund and media release can be found at http://www.cdapolice.org/ . This is the first officer shooting in over 30 years and the CDA police dept. has not experienced the loss of an officer in the line of duty. There has only been one fatality (ISP Trooper Linda Huff in 98) in the panhandle (northern Idaho) since the late 70's that I know of. So this has been very hard on the department, local LE, and the community.

Your prayers are greatly appreciated and needed.

Ron Emary
Chandler, Az PD

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Latest News:
More info....

Shooting

Coeur d’Alene Police Department and Kootenai County Sheriff’s Department have requested an outside agency investigate the officer involved shooting that occurred at 12:20 am this morning in the Grouse Meadows sub-division. Idaho State Police are conducting a comprehensive investigation into the shooting that fatally wounded the suspect and in which a Coeur d’Alene Police officer was struck by the assailant’s bullets.

Chief Carpenter and her command staff as well as Coeur d’Alene Police detectives have been at Kootenai Medical Center tending to our officers family as well as on scene assisting Idaho State Police and Kootenai County Sheriff’s Department in the investigation.

Captain Ben Wolfinger with the Sheriff’s Department released an earlier statement to the media with the preliminary details of the shooting. All media information will come from Captain Wolfinger and me. Please do not attempt to interview detectives.

Our agency is deeply saddened by what has occurred and our thoughts and prayers are with our officer and his family. Out of respect to the victim’s families we are not releasing names at this time. We ask for the media’s patience and understanding during this critical time. We will provide updated information on the condition of our officer to you in as timely manner as possible.

December 28, 2004 Update: Coeur d’Alene Police Chief Wendy Carpenter held a press conference at 11:45am on today’s date in which she released the name of our victim officer. Officer Michael Kralicek was critically wounded in an early morning shooting. Officer Kralicek who is in his mid thirties has been a member of the Coeur d’Alene Police force since June 2004. Prior to arriving in Coeur d’Alene Officer Kralicek was a member of the North Bend Police department in Oregon. He is married with two children.

Officer Kralicek has sustained a head injury and was flown to Harbor View Medical center in Seattle Washington. Chief Carpenter had high praise for Officer Kralicek who is known for his friendly disposition and strong work ethic. “Our thoughts and prayers are with Mike and his family, and we are very hopeful he will recover” said the Chief.

The Coeur d’Alene Police Association has set up a fund in Officer Kralicek’s name to off set unexpected expenses at Wells Fargo Bank on Appleway in Coeur d’Alene Idaho. The family has been flown to Seattle by a private citizen to be with Mike. Two high ranking officers in our command staff have also flown to Seattle to be by our officer’s side. Attached to this release is a photo of Officer Kralicek.

1/04/05 Update:

On Saturday January 1st 2005 Chief Wendy Carpenter and five additional officers were able to travel to Seattle Washington to be with Officer Mike Kralicek’s family at Harbor View Medical Center. Mike’s wife Carrie Kralicek delivered the following statement to the Chief to be released to the media.

“I would like to express my sincere deepest gratitude to the City of Coeur d’Alene and to the citizens for their prayers, thoughts, and best wishes for myself, my children, and especially Mike. These are difficult times for us and without the support of our community, family, and our law enforcement family we couldn’t have made it this far.

There has been a lot of misinformation about Michael’s condition. Let it be known Michael is a fighter but has had a serious injury. Michael’s condition is critical; if he improves from this condition further information will be released. Michael is my best friend, he loved his job as well as the community, and he believed in the safety and security of our community.”

Chief Carpenter is unable to release specific details of what has transpired medically with Officer Kralicek. She did release the following statement:

“Five Officers and I visited Michael at the hospital. Michael’s condition is critical; however he is getting the best medical care. All of the officers were able to sit with Michael and his wife. I am very proud of Michael. He is an outstanding police officer. He is an officer that every citizen would like to have come to their house and take care of their problem. I am also very honored to have met and got to know Michael’s family. They are a strong and close family, and they have not left his side since this has happened. As with this kind of injury, only time will tell what the outcome will be.”

An account has been set up for Officer Kralicek at Wells Fargo Bank to assist his family. The Fire Department has initiated a raffle of items to be donated by John Travolta and Dennis Franz.

·
Registered
689 Posts
You have the prayers of my family as well as all of the United States Department of Defense Police Officers at Westover AFB, Massachusetts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.