Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
i'll say it and save Gil the trouble of telling you...you should just PM him and ask...not trying to sound like an ass or anything but that'd prob be your best bet instead of aggravating Gil and posting it out in the open

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Yeah, I just responded to a post which 'disappeared'...so if you run into it and it doesn't make any sense...nevermind!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Koz,

Sometime I'll relate a story to you about a lecture I was at featuring Noam Chomsky (no, no...I was the detail officer!): he basically blamed Great Britain for all the trouble between the Greeks and Turks! Last I checked my Homer, that fight was on-going while the Brits were still running around naked and painting themselves blue! 8)

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
Hey MarkBoston, get used to it. Once Herr Moderator gets on your azz, it's "get shown the door time". Look at my quote on the bottom of my screen. It didn't happen twice because I was being all warm & fuzzy. :shock:

Ever seen that movie when Jack Nickleson screams out "You can't handle the truth." Sometimes that's what it's like in here. Deal with it........ or else.

Autocracy is a wonderful thing, don't you agree??? :?

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
HousingCop, you're totally correct. The problem lies when we are presented with 3 different "Truths" (everyone has their own beliefs), and then it just turns into personal bashing, etc.. that's when they get locked. MarkBoston, you are exactly like HousingCop in his early days here (No Offense HousingCop), you just need to approach things a little differently. You can get your message out without being so... abrasive... Type it out, and proof read it with just a notch less of the "emotions" (or lack of) you put into them. Your posts make a lot of VALID points, but you just come across as Offensive/agressive.... anger management....

·
2,070 Posts
Not for nothing RPD, my 200+ previous posts pre-banishment were right on target on certain individuals & departments. No offense taken, but some people on here need to lighten up a bit. I know I have been a bit abrasive in the past but I guess the truth hurts when you squash it with a 16 oz. hammer right on the head.

Maybe it's something in the water supply here in the Boston area. I know I drink it right from the tap, no filter. Filters are for sissies. Give me the lead, mercury and assorted crap that flows through those dirty 100+ year old city pipes right to my sink.

MarkBoston, maybe I'll see you down the Stress Unit next Wednesday night at 8PM sharp. I'll be the guy counting my fingers in the fetal position in the corner. Just tap me on the shoulder & say "BOO!"

I happen to think emotions expressed in certain threads are fine. We aren't robots u know, well at least some of us aren't. I don't know about them boys with the lobotomy scars out West though. :lol:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Ok there is no doubt in anyone's mind that a few specific topics are moderated. It's not a perfect system by any means but it is working for the most part. Those of us that have been here for a while know where the topics on department/agency or officer bashing end up. Then it just carries over to other topics and fairly soon you have a boat load of post/topics that only create more problems than they are worth. They are not beneficial to the site or the members/visitors that come here. I have seen another site where the freedom of speech was sacred and that site seems to be a little dormant now after 800 or so post of free for all bitch sessions that have little or nothing to do with law enforcement. This is just one of the reasons that the flame fests are not tolerated.

Yes we all have our opinions of officers, troopers etc... As well as the various professions in the realm of law enforcement. I have run into (or indirectly) dealt with constables that are nothing but complete whack jobs, I have been treated like I was a piece of shit from a trooper that I was assisting on the highway and I have met some local cops that in no doubt slipped through the cracks when they did the background checks. But they are everywhere in every profession. The thing is this is not the place to bash our own.

This is a pro police/law enforcement board why would you even want to post anything that is any way anti police? There is enough of that going on elsewhere on the web and in the media. The same holds true about topics that touch upon the subject of professional courtesy, the old boy network etc... You guys have to remember that this is not a private forum where you can just run off at the mouth and think that what is said here stays here. We have discussed the private/secure areas of the site before and even to the point of adding a LE only board but many were against it indicating that what we have right now seems to be a good mix and messing with the brew would surly only screw things up. I do not have the time to confirm employment verifications for a hobby site. Plus as I stated in another post I now want to collect as little information about the members as possible to avoid another sit down with any internal affairs unit.

That is my view on the subject, go on and call me Herr Moderator, gildo, Asscops etc... This is the way it is and will be. Like I said it's not perfect but it seems to be working.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Can't we all just get along... we are all in the same profession of catching bad guys and locking them up... not each other :t:

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Believe me, it was no laughing matter to those of us under the gun, so to speak.....

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I will not speak for Kozmo, but the incident I referred to was the disappearance of a post while I was replying to it. It wasn't a cop-bitch-fest thing...just some bolshevik expressing an opinion...hey, if the kid's sobriquet had remained with the note "post edited by the moderator", cool. As it was, the post ceased to exist...I thought it was a glitch ('hey, maybe I got shunted to a different forum...'). That's all. No challenge to anyones authority. I just wondered where it went. :?

And about IA: the charges are BS and even though they will cause you a little heartburn, they will go away, along with the wing-nuts that made them. :D

This is a free forum: nobody forced anyone to 'join', let alone post anything! If you are sensitive and your wittle feewings are easily hurt, perhaps this is not the place for you.
8)

·
2,070 Posts
It's understandable why certain threads get locked and certain postings get deleted but couldn't Herr Moderator (whoever he / she is at the moment) post and say why such a thread or posting was deleted & give a cause for it?

One must understand that the front page to this website links to a dozen or so local newspapers where this news is printed. Now I for one don't have all the time in the world to cruise through 12+ websites of news so when a member takes the time & effort to post a link to a noteworthy news story related to police work, I think it should stay. It's not like they are doing a Dan Rather & making up things. This is already news that has been distributed to local media outlets.

While I may or may not agree with the content of such news stories, I certainly will voice my opinion on the matter at hand. Either to tell the offending bozo to knock it off (which I have done several times this last month) or to pipe in and give my opinion on said subject.

As for the bloodletting earlier this summer, I want all to know that I had nothing to do with it and URGED that person to rescind their letter of complaint to the IAB. I have never put pen to paper on a fellow cop and never will. I would rather hash it out in the parking lot at 12:01 with them.

My wittle feelings are never hurt by anyone posting on this board. If you throw stones at me or my department or my friends on here, prepare to have them thrown back at you. They sting just as hard when I bounce them off your noggin. Nuff said.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
...I will not speak for Kozmo, but the incident I referred to was the disappearance of a post while I was replying to it. It wasn't a cop-bitch-fest thing...just some Bolshevik expressing an opinion...hey, if the kid's sobriquet had remained with the note "post edited by the moderator", cool. As it was, the post ceased to exist...I thought it was a glitch ('hey, maybe I got shunted to a different forum...'). That's all. No challenge to anyone's authority. I just wondered where it went. :?
DCS - I thought you scared the little Marx brother away...But seeing as though you changed your old "Cyborg" avatar to this new "kinder & gentler" semblance, I could be wrong.... :wink: The old one was vewy vewy scary.... :shock:
However, I was looking forward to symbolically bee-atch slapping the little turd around though and giving him a little lesson in patriotism.

Enjoy the weekend... :t:

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
I will not speak for Kozmo, but the incident I referred to was the disappearance of a post while I was replying to it. It wasn't a cop-bitch-fest thing...just some bolshevik expressing an opinion...hey, if the kid's sobriquet had remained with the note "post edited by the moderator", cool. As it was, the post ceased to exist...I thought it was a glitch ('hey, maybe I got shunted to a different forum...'). That's all. No challenge to anyones authority. I just wondered where it went. :?

And about IA: the charges are BS and even though they will cause you a little heartburn, they will go away, along with the wing-nuts that made them. :D

This is a free forum: nobody forced anyone to 'join', let alone post anything! If you are sensitive and your wittle feewings are easily hurt, perhaps this is not the place for you.
8)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts