Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You are cordially invited to attend this Free seminar (Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club is picking up the tab for the speaker) on the recent changes (September 2004) to the MA Firearms Laws that effect civilian and law enforcement gun owners alike.

Please post the info below at your gun clubs, favorite gun shops, police department, etc.

Regards,
LenS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

MA Firearms Law Update Seminar

Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club, Inc.

Speaker: Chief Ron Glidden

January 23, 2005, 9AM - 12Noon​

FREE, Bring Your Family and Friends! NO Reservations Required. Breakfast will be available from the club kitchen.

· Learn about the NEW MA gun laws that went into effect in September, 2004.

§ New LTC/FID the size of a MA Drivers License

§ New LTC/FID issued for 6 Years

§ New Review Board to provide an appeals mechanism for those legally disqualified from owning guns for prior minor offenses

§ Etc.

· Learn how the MA "Assault Weapons Ban" from 1998 affects us since the Federal Ban expired in September, 2004.

· For Retired and Active Law Enforcement Officers, learn how MA plans on dealing with the new Federal HR 218 LEO CCW Law.

· Information on MA gun laws, licensing, storage, transportation, etc.

Bring Your Questions and get answers from the most authoritative source on MA Firearms Law in the State!

Our Speaker: Chief Ron Glidden is the Chief of Police in Lee, MA, chairman of the Gun Control Advisory Board, firearms instructor and author of the Law Enforcement Guide to Firearms Law (sold by the Municipal Police Institute, Inc.).

Directions can be found at http://www.brp.org/html/directions.html Location is at 788 Liberty St., Braintree, MA behind the DAV Hall and to the Right of Liberty Woods Apartment/Condo Complex (Club access road is to the Right off of the Condo roadway at the rotary).

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: FREE MA Firearms Law Update Seminar - Sunday, Jan 23, 20

See my initial post here.

Chief Ron Glidden will present a seminar on the MA Firearms Laws: including new changes, LEO CCW Fed law, etc. and he'll answer your questions.

Braintree R&P is sponsoring it (and paying Ron's speaking fee as a public service so you can come for free) and yours truly organized the event again (fourth time we will have Ron do this at BR&P). Always informative and we usually get ~100 attendees. Ron runs a similar seminar (but not identical) for LEOs only where they charge $135/person (including Ron's book) so you're getting a helluva deal here.
http://www.masschiefs.org/MPI/Seminars/mpi_semDescrip/Glidden/firearms.html

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Spoilsport! :)

I'm not on the BOD of Braintree R&P, so they chose the date not me (I wouldn't personally plan anything in the Winter without a "snow date" option). We never discussed a "snow date" with Ron or the BOD.

That said, Ron has a 2 hour drive to get there.

Update: I just called Ron and he told me that he plans on being there unless we have a foot of snow and they are closing roads! So the answer seems to be that the "show will go on".

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Stand By!

Latest forecasts show a strong possibility of heavy snow on Sunday morning with accumulations of 6-10".

After talking with Chief Glidden a few times today and the president of Braintree R&P, the BR&P BOD will be making a "go/no go" decision sometime Friday afternoon/evening.

So, if anyone was planning on attending the seminar, use common sense if you aren't able to get a definitive answer. If you send me an Email from this website (NOT PM), I will try to let you know. But if I don't see it before 0700 Sunday morning and leave for the club, you may not hear back from me.

If this seminar is canceled for Sunday, likely it will be rescheduled for some other Sunday.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kwflatbed";p="53944 said:
I just got an e-mail from BRP it has been postponed.

Harry
I'm glad you got a notice. Interestingly I'm on the BRP Email list and haven't received anything yet.

Hopefully nobody will show up tomorrow. Sounds like it will be an extremely nasty day.

Everyone stay safe!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kwflatbed";p="53955 said:
Len I posted the question on their site and received a reply from Paul Costello.
Harry
Harry,

That explains it.

According to Eric, Paul was supposed to post the cancellation on the website. Haven't checked yet . . . I was too busy trying to notify everyone and everyplace that I had posted it or contacted.

Paul should use his Email list to blast the message out. If I get time, I'll send it to him as a suggestion, but I've got to run this AM to do some errands before it hits the fan (any my Wife already noticed some snowflakes coming down here).

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: POSTPONED-FREE MA Firearms Law Update Seminar-Sunday,1/2

No, the BR&P BOD have to decide!

Then we have to clear the date with Ron! Ron's a Re-enactor, so much of his Summer is taken up with those events.

I don't expect an answer on a new date until mid-Feb.

From recent Emails with the president of BR&P it is looking like May.

Don't you just love bureaucracies? :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts