Postal Police Info | MassCops

Postal Police Info

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by Pats2009, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Pats2009

Pats2009 New Member

I was looking for info on the Postal Police in Boston. During my search I could only dig up info on the Postal Inspectors. Any info would be great, thanks in advance :cool:

2. MPD703

MPD703 Subscribing Member

Limted police powers, basic like Mass. Specials, police powers are limited to USPS property. They do not have 24 hour carry. Weapons are issued at the start of the shift. Training is done in house. Basic training is 8 weeks at a facility outside of Baton Rouge or in Potomac, MD. Right now they are not hiring and from what I am hearing there wont be any decision on hiring until after March. They do not get the federal law enforcement retirement but have the standard retirement.

3. DPD6860

DPD6860 MassCops Member

Sounds awfully like the DOD police; well they are 0083 police officers, same job series.

4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I've only seen them outside Boston once, when someone ran over & destroyed a mail box, scattering mail everywhere, and they came to collect it. We notify them of any incidents at post offices, but the postal inspectors always do any follow-ups that are necessary.

5. Simon

Simon Guest

Must be great at stamp-licking..............

6. Pats2009

Pats2009 New Member