Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the chapter and section of posession of a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. I can't find it but i remeber they went over it in the academy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Carrying a Firearm While Under the Influence of Liquor or Drugs

ch 269 section 10H

1) A person with a valid LTC under s 131 or 131F,

2) May not carry on his person, or have under his control in a vehicle,

3) A Loaded Firearm,

4) While under the influence of intoxicating liquor, marijuana, narcotic drugs, depressants, or stimulants, or vapors of glue.

It is a Confiscate and Summons Offense, unless Breach of Peace in Presence.

Ed

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
Hey,

Don't forget to notify the Issuing Authority. They may revoke the LTC for said offense, but the person may apply to get it back.

G

·
Nice reply BHCCPD. It shows how much you really care about fellow LE officers on your campus. It's a silly law & Tom Reilly is a fool for putting it into legislation. While certainly I don't condone being in control of a F/A while intoxicated, I don't see the harm in kicking one or two back in the parking lot after a hard night of work.
OK you dopes, bash me for this post but let those without sin cast the first stone at me. You know who you are.

·
8,659 Posts
HousingCop said:
Nice reply BHCCPD. It shows how much you really care about fellow LE officers on your campus. It's a silly law & Tom Reilly is a fool for putting it into legislation. While certainly I don't condone being in control of a F/A while intoxicated, I don't see the harm in kicking one or two back in the parking lot after a hard night of work.
OK you dopes, bash me for this post but let those without sin cast the first stone at me. You know who you are.
What about if those one or two become more.........? where do you draw the line? Do you really think it's logical to have OUI laws and open container violations for a vehicle, but not apply it to a firearm? It's not like it's a felony, and your union lawyer can probably get you a CWOF. Why do you feel the need to piss on BHCCPD, but pre-emptively call anyone a dope for calling you out? I think we all know "who" you are. Just not sure where you're coming from. If you think that's "bashing" you, so sorry

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have to agree with mpd61 about mixing alcohol and a firearm. If your going to pound a couple back whats the harm in leaving your firearm in your locker.

Just my :2c:

Ed

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Ok Housingcop, I guess you feel because you are mr police officer you have a right to break the law hummmmm. As far as me caringing about fellow POs I dont really care for POs who abuse there position to break laws in which we enforce. I suppose you feel the Quincy incident were fellow POs shot of their guns in a parking lot while they were drinking last year was ok!!!!

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right on BHCCPD, Housing Cop is just upset because he is 420 friendly and i still think he's on crack :eek:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Does any one know if C269 s10H applies to carrying a firearm in a bar if you are not consuming alcohol or is there another statute? Thanks..... :D :t:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Muggsy, you can carry in a bar as long as you have a valid LTC/FID for whatever weapon you may have on you, and you are not intoxicated.

269/10H only prohibits someone who is intoxicated from carrying a firearm (in a bar, walking down the street, whatever).

Hope this helps.

-Mike

·
8,659 Posts
tomahawk said:
Muggsy, you can carry in a bar as long as you have a valid LTC/FID for whatever weapon you may have on you, and you are not intoxicated.

269/10H only prohibits someone who is intoxicated from carrying a firearm (in a bar, walking down the street, whatever).

Hope this helps.

-Mike
QUITE RIGHT!
Lets dispel that old myth; "you can't have a firearm in a place that is licenced to serve alcohol" If you have an LTC, you can carry anywhere but in booking area. You have a Drivers licence and a LTC, and you can't be intoxicated and be in control of what they licence you to operate/carry.
:wink:

·
Registered
334 Posts
mpd61 said:
tomahawk said:

Hope this helps.

-Mike
QUITE RIGHT!
Lets dispel that old myth; "you can't have a firearm in a place that is licensed to serve alcohol" If you have an LTC, you can carry anywhere but in booking area. You have a Drivers license and a LTC, and you can't be intoxicated and be in control of what they license you to operate/carry.
:wink:
Yup, I think that about says it - plain and simple. I vote we close this one!
-Eric

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ok, slanderous way off-topic posts deleted. HousingCop, I have been locking up pissing match posts lately, so watch where you fling your accusations.

Everyone play nice! Hell, I feel like I am the only one keeping the peace out here, and I am just a dispatcher... :x

-Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.