Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find another town to list for the upcoming civil service test. Anyone know of a department thats is going to have a decent amount of openings that doesn't require you to already be a resident

·
Subscribing Member
3,457 Posts
In good 'ole Los Angeles also. No residency requirements here, plus we're hiring at least 400 in the next year or so.. Sunshine and palm trees here too!

·
Subscribing Member
3,457 Posts
RPD931";p="60247 said:
But don't the Bullets block the L.A. sunlight? :lol: sorry, couldn't resist.
Sometimes yes, but that's one of the reasons why it's exciting being a cop out here. Never a dull moment! Lots of action and lots of stuff to do!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FLA AND LA

Im actually in the process of a couple cities down in Florida and going out to LA some time in May... but does anyone know of any towns in mass that are going to have some positions open for this next civil service test

·
Subscribing Member
397 Posts
Asking that is like asking what the Mega Millions numbers are going to be.
Put your home city first, then the 3 town/cities you'd like to work for. Once the list comes out change any muni. that you are below 30 on. Keep on changing them till you hit a good number.
If you have any vet status, USE IT!

·
Subscribing Member
3,457 Posts
Re: FLA AND LA

foley74";p="60569 said:
Im actually in the process of a couple cities down in Florida and going out to LA some time in May... but does anyone know of any towns in mass that are going to have some positions open for this next civil service test
I'll be back there in May but if you happen to come out here to LA in April or June, or after, drop me a line and I'll help you out if you'd like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LA COPPER are you originally from around Boston? if so was it hard adjusting to the west coast life? do you have an email I can contact you at because I have a bunch of questions about the department other then what is the best type of bullet proof vest

·
Subscribing Member
3,457 Posts
foley74";p="61114 said:
LA COPPER are you originally from around Boston? if so was it hard adjusting to the west coast life? do you have an email I can contact you at because I have a bunch of questions about the department other then what is the best type of bullet proof vest
Hi,
yes, I'm from the South Shore. Took a couple of civil service tests back there and scored 99 on both but still no luck getting on. Been out here ever since and still love the job!
Yes, it does take a bit of adjusting but if you like to work, it's well worth it.

Send me a PM and we can talk there.
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.