Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The owner of a Portland diner is defending her actions - and comments she made on social media - that have left many outraged.

Marcy's Diner on Oak Street in Portland's downtown is a busy place on the weekends. Owner Darla Neugebauer said that's partly what led her to snap at a child on Saturday.
http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/portland/2015/07/19/portland-diner-facebook-post/30391407/

If you haven't seen the video, you have to watch it. We've all been there listening to someone's kid cry while the parents ignore the child. They've got to learn no one else thinks their kids are cute. It's amazing, you take a misbehaving child outside a couple times and they learn pretty quick to behave in public.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Heard about this on WAAF this morning.

Take the kid outside, you don't get to invade on other peoples meals with your kid, while your being neglectful. My son is almost 3, and for the last few years, dining out has been a rarity. Kids are difficult at that age.

Entitlement generation. "I'll do what I want, regardless of everyone else."

·
Working for the clampdown
617 Posts
I clearly remember removing my 3 year old daughter from a restaurant about 4 minutes after we sat down due to her behavior. She and I sat in the car while my wife and son had a nice dinner. Sucked for me but I would never be so selfish to subject everyone else to her tantrums. Sometimes being a parent means you gotta take one for the team.

·
Always Watching
8,261 Posts
Entitlement generation. "I'll do what I want, regardless of everyone else."
That's the issue.
I saw the owner interviewed and the owner was right.

It amazes me to see these lazy parents out in public. You've either got the ones who are oblivious or the ones who freak out and then give in to their Chuckies, which only sets the stage for future tantrums upon hearing the dreaded, "No." I've always pointed them out to my kids as a learning tool. "Oh, look at that shameful behavior. Can you believe that? Shame...no self-control whatsoever." My kids would stare in awe and then shake their heads. It's pretty cute when your 3Yo is turning their nose up at a future liberal. There's always a way to turn a negative into a positive.

·
Registered
327 Posts
My kids would never act this way. Why?......because whatever we were doing would end immediately. There are no chances in my family, misbehavior is met with consequences every time. The result is well behaved kids that have a respect for authority. Parenting is becoming a lost art, and is going to cause issues for years to come.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,341 Posts
If the parents won't do it (No, it promotes VIOLENT reactions and that will cause.....blah fucking blah) then SOMEONE has to and why not the business owner?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts