Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Alien Member
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Porter happy with 25th wife

A Nepalese porter says he has finally found happiness after 24 failed marriages.

Ramchandra Katuwal, 49, of Khandbari municipality in Sankhuwasava, and his 25th wife recently celebrated their seventh wedding anniversary.
The landless labourer says that his marriage to Sharada has been a "journey of happiness", reports the BBC.

And for Mr Katuwal, the trek before his latest journey was paved with pitfalls and potholes. He first got married at the age of 26.

His first wife set a precedent followed by many of her successors: she eloped with her lover. From then onwards his life veered from one disastrous marriage to another.

"My second wife also ran away," he said, "and the third one too."
From the succession of wives who came and went over a 16-year period, Mr Katuwal says he can only remember nine of them clearly.

"(Like other ex-wives) the 24th one also ran away. And I decided not to marry again," he said.

But his resolve did not last and he wed 23-year-old Sharada seven years ago: "I wanted to have a wife, because a house is not house without a wife," he said.

Mr Katuwal says that he is now so happy he has vowed not to marry again.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3002874.html?menu=

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
"Mr Katuwal says that he is now so happy he has vowed not to marry again."

Most guys I know make that vow after the first marriage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts