Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know what other departments are using for portable radioes. We have department owned Motorola HT750s and some officers have there own Motorola HT1000s and one guy has his own Kenwood TK380.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are department uses Motorolla Ht1250 side view digital display, step up from the 750 . We have some older radios in storage but can't rember if they are the old-old Motorolla Saber or something else.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Yes luap112,

They are old Sabers... we also have Motorola gs310's (?) - these are the ones we had prior to our current HT1250... There are also some other "antique" radios around from the late 70's and early 80's..

·
Registered
164 Posts
According to a company rep, HT1000'a are being phased out, and Motorola is pushing the 1250, which is actually a little shorter than the 1000, and doesn't have the silver 3-way switch, but has a host of other functions, most of which go unused.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My department uses Motorola HT1000's and HT1250's, with some of the new XTS bricks starting to get into the mix. The 1250 has the LCD display, but the 1000 is more durable. The new XTS portables are heavy!

-Mike

·
Subscribing Member
228 Posts
We are using Motorola HT150 multi channels, pretty good radio. But now they say we are going on digital radio (what ever that is), but ithey won't be motorola's since our administration stated they got no deal from them. which tells me we are going to have trouble, we had unidens for a while and those things were 100%, 14 kt gold, crap.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
There are a number of Motorola radios which are similar to the HT100 out there. You've got the HT line, JT, MT, and the new XTS. I've looked at the new XTS models, and they seem to have alot of stuff in them, however I really can't see an application for most police departments, except maybe those in heavy urban areas who need alot more connectivity.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The HT1000 is a wonderful radio, the last of the Jedi radios, however the HT750 and HT1250 take a different battery than the Jedi series. I'll stick with my HT1000, I'll never use the features the 1250 has....

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
Our portables are some sort of GE piece of sheot. Basically good for use as an impact weapon when your baton is inaccessable. Cruiser radios are the highly technical Mark1Mode1 can to can via wire POS. Comes complete w/ options such as: incomplete or incoherent transmissions, stuck cams (staying open especially when you need air time), skreeches and hisses, frequency crossovers, skipping freqs, volumes that adjust themselves and the ever popular ability to turn itself off/die....
Gotta love low bid....

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
I personally love when you are flipping through the channels on the mobile radio in the car, and find that someone erased the channel for the town you are working in. That is always a big help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts