Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know what other departments are using for portable radioes. We have department owned Motorola HT750s and some officers have there own Motorola HT1000s and one guy has his own Kenwood TK380.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,249 Posts
Yes luap112,

They are old Sabers... we also have Motorola gs310's (?) - these are the ones we had prior to our current HT1250... There are also some other "antique" radios around from the late 70's and early 80's..

·
Registered
162 Posts
According to a company rep, HT1000'a are being phased out, and Motorola is pushing the 1250, which is actually a little shorter than the 1000, and doesn't have the silver 3-way switch, but has a host of other functions, most of which go unused.

·
Subscribing Member
226 Posts
We are using Motorola HT150 multi channels, pretty good radio. But now they say we are going on digital radio (what ever that is), but ithey won't be motorola's since our administration stated they got no deal from them. which tells me we are going to have trouble, we had unidens for a while and those things were 100%, 14 kt gold, crap.

·
Subscribing Member
1,162 Posts
There are a number of Motorola radios which are similar to the HT100 out there. You've got the HT line, JT, MT, and the new XTS. I've looked at the new XTS models, and they seem to have alot of stuff in them, however I really can't see an application for most police departments, except maybe those in heavy urban areas who need alot more connectivity.

·
screw you...
2,687 Posts
Our portables are some sort of GE piece of sheot. Basically good for use as an impact weapon when your baton is inaccessable. Cruiser radios are the highly technical Mark1Mode1 can to can via wire POS. Comes complete w/ options such as: incomplete or incoherent transmissions, stuck cams (staying open especially when you need air time), skreeches and hisses, frequency crossovers, skipping freqs, volumes that adjust themselves and the ever popular ability to turn itself off/die....
Gotta love low bid....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.