Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure everyone has seen the signs for “$5 Psychic Readings” in their town or while traveling elsewhere. What I wanted to discuss here were your thoughts on using psychics for more than just personal entertainment, more specifically in police and detective work.

There’s been documented cases in the past where police haven’t been able to solve a crime, at which point they turn to a psychic for help. What I find the most interesting is when the psychics they hire actually solve the case.

What are your thoughts on this? What about using psychics to help solve some of the current investigations (such as the Peterson or Hacking trials?)

I’m not an expert myself on the topic, but I’ve been learning a bit more from a new show on Court TV called Psychic Detectives. It’s on Wednesday’s at 9:30pm in case you want to watch it too.

~ Marysol

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
There's actually a new show on Court TV about Psychic Detectives. Here is the show description:

When detectives are out of time and out of luck where do they turn? Over the years law enforcement has developed an arsenal of investigative tools that are used to aid a stalled investigation. But how often do investigators actually enlist the help of a psychic? Psychic Detectives tells the true stories of real cases where psychics help detectives solve some of law enforcement’s most baffling cases.

It's on at 9:30's on Wednesdays. I'm home from work sick this week, maybe I'll check it out. Who knows how it is, but it's interesting to see a respectable channel having a show like that.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
So I watched the show the other night...and it was so boring I turned it off. According to the show the psychic helped but if the detectives had done their job a little bit more thoroughly they would have figured it out. Oh well. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
They are just as reliable as the polygraph. :roll:
Next we will have them doing background Psychic Readings on new hires.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Ugh, the poly...that's the one thing I'm worried about in my processes down here in CT, I'm convinced I'm gonna fail it even though I'll tell the truth. Another topic for another day :)

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Ha that's nothing we have a "pet psychic" by us...people spend $100 or so for 15 minutes on the phone with her.

Somebody should investigate her for fraud...she's told three people that are clients of my wife the EXACT same story.

Their dogs get upset about lound noises...evidently it means that all three dogs have been in a fire in their past lives and they are remembering the sound of the smoke detector.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Our job hasn't had a psychic since 1992...when "The Amazing Carnac" retired from the "Tonight" show.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Maybe they should put in a preference for certified psychics on the next test, move over vets! :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.