Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
how about MHQ on Spring st in w. roxbury.

my partner just barked out Dough Boy in revere........

AAA in Dedham SUCKS, dont waste your money there.... :2up: they take cash ONLY.

thats all i can think of in the boston area...

Oh yeah, Simon in Lynn, and there is M&S Police supply in in Somerville. its in the winter hill section.

hope this helps, good luck.

:twisted:

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
The Municipal Supply store in West Roxbury is ok, friendly people, but they are still a new store and don't carry a whole heck of a lot of variety. I went there to buy a clip-on necktie and I had basically two choices: too short and too long.

AAA in Dedham SUCKS, dont waste your money there.... they take cash ONLY.
Really? They took a check from me! I can't remember if I used my credit card in there before or not, but I know they definately took a check.

AAA is a little pricey, but they carry a lot of stuff. Doughboy's in Southie, pretty much the same thing.

That place on Neponset Ave. in Dorchester (I forget the name of it)... FORGET IT. You might as well be Donald Trump to shop there.

Finally, Andrea's in Quincy is pretty good in supply and the pricing is right, especially on pants!

G

·
Lapd,

What happend @ Doughboy in Revere?

The one in Neponset circle is "Boston Uniform Depot" he is expensive.

Simons there pretty good especially in you tell them you dont like any of there surrounding competition.

AAA to far for me to go to, but I have been in there a few times when in the area. They were ok to me.

M&S AKA Mug & STEAL, worst shopping experience you will ever had especially if you have to order something, Definitley "BUYER BEWARE".
Bad Bad stories surround that place. STAY AWAY.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
AAA in Dedham SUCKS, dont waste your money there.... :2up: they take cash ONLY.

AAA in Dedham has the worst fucking attitude I have ever met in a police supply store. If you are not Boston PD or Dedham PD or in that area they turn their nose up at you. AAA in Dedham has to be most expensive place I have ever shopped. I have been Doughboy in Boston on Boston Street,Good! Worcester County supply in Fitchburg small but Fair! Andreas on Rt44 in Raynham or Taunton not sure, they are Fair/Good but the young kid has an attitude and screws orders up. Simons in Lynn on the Lynnway is my favorite they will do anything you request. I went there Monday and ordered two badges for my winter jackets and ask them to keep off my departments logo on the badges and jackets because I work part time at another department. So now I can use the same badges and jackets while I work at my part time job with out having to go home and change. Its kind of a mutual aid uniform and badge. Other uniform places would not do that for me. The two blonde girls and the balding guy with black hair with glasses who I think are the owners are the best to deal with. I noticed Simons are compariable to Galls in price

Hey LAPD how is M+S in Somerville?? I will have to check it out!!

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
Anybody remember when Doughboy used to be Doughboy Donuts located just up the street from the old Forest Hills bus stop. (they only had a small corner dedicated to police supply at the time) They also had an ice cream window they added on after they where open a while.

I think that was back when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade I went to St. Andrews just up the hill from there.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Doughboy Sucks! They never have anything in stock. They're the supplier for my department...they lack the stock to supply anything. Nothing good about the prices either the staff can be cold too. I prefer AAA or Tippi's in Shrewsbury.

www.expresspolicesupply.com is a great online/catalog supplier too....cheap!!.

·
1,952 Posts
The only one I've been to is AAA. The take cash or personal check only. I have nothing really to compare it too but the service I received was very good, kinda in a hurry rush rush though. Other than that it was nice

·
Registered
137 Posts
I went to AAA only once... but was treated well and the holster I was looking for was cheaper there then my local shop...

I don't care for the cash / check only though... since I hardly carry cash and normally the check book is with the bills...

but overall it was a fine experience... although a limited one...

G

·
RPD931 said:
Doughboy Sucks! They never have anything in stock. They're the supplier for my department...they lack the stock to supply anything. Nothing good about the prices either the staff can be cold too. I prefer AAA or Tippi's in Shrewsbury.

www.expresspolicesupply.com is a great online/catalog supplier too....cheap!!.
RPD

Tell us how you really feel,LOL :L:

M & S is the one who really have to watch out for there horrible, trust me I know this I worked there for over a year many moons ago.They dont pay there bills hence when they have to order something they get all the $ up front and there ordering skills are one to be ashamed of becuae after you give them your $ they dont order the product right away it sits there for weeks so people call the store and get pissed off (rightfully so)that its taken forever to get there order all becuase they dont have any credibility with suppliers.Everything in the store has 10 inches of dust on it and is 10 years old. Not to mention ( and this is an inside tip) most of there stuff comes from other area police supply store.I know they buy from Doughboy and sell for more at there store.

I know I sound like a disgruntled employee, but such is not the case. What I mentioned is what I witnessed.

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts
I have never had a problem a AAA. Doughboy on the other hand is horrible. It takes three months to get a name tag. To stitch a department patch on a shirt or jacket takes about a week. The service seems to me like they took former employees from the registry of motor vechicles and gave them a job. That is the uniform store my department goes to so I really have no choice when I shop

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
I used to go to Simon's in Lynn. They are nice enough people, and the stuff is cheap, but the turnover time is out of control. Alot of times if you walk in to order a shirt with a little tailoring or a pair of pants with a few extra pockects, you're looking at a week to two week wait for them to call you to tell you they are done. Alot of times they forget to call you too, so you have to chase them.

I go to Neptune's in Haverhill now. It's pricey, but the stuff is top quality, and they tailor your stuff right there for you in one sitting. Just got a pair of pants and a shirt the other day, got measured, tried on, and tailored all in the span of say 45 minutes. It's worth the extra few dollars to me.

·
Subscribing Member
185 Posts
I agree that Doughboy Sucks!!!!! They over charge on alot of stuff.
I went to that new place in West Roxbury MHQ and my pants were 25 bucks cheaper...
The only problem is like Dunngie said they are new and dont have alot. They had my pants but not the right piping for the stripe, they only carry braid right now,no cloth..
But I will say they are very helpful and attentive. I only went to AAA once to get a badge wallet , I was bummed about the no CC thing and had to write a check, but they were nice to me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
hi, all.... i have never been to doughboy, my partner likes it there, as for M & S, i happened to go there a few years back and they had what i was looking for..... have not been there since 1994....

here at the bidmc we went to AAA, they only screwed up my uniforms 3 times....... and the old guy that does the measuring is horrible........

personally i like the Jew, i live right down the street from there and Myron treats me well! i know people think his quality of clothing is poor, but whenever i go in there for alterations he takes care it right away!

im off my :sb: and as for the legal staff at the hospital holding up our arming issue....

:up_yours:

:twisted:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.