Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Spies must die
Under Military Law (great!)
Comrade Detective (80s)
Life and Fate (War, with NKVD interference) -intense!
Under Correction
Neophyte

Enjoy!

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
I almost hate to admit it, but I watch all the European cops shows now, even subtitled. They are more realistic, the characters are believable, not super-hero tough or super-model looking. Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue used to be decent, but hell that was decades ago.
Vexed on Netflix is terrific. Not the best Police procedural, but pretty funny Brit show.
Comrade Detective was great I watched it and loved it, but totally forgot about it.
Same with High Incident. Just as I was starting to love the show, it vanished. I put TV executives on a level with vandals, Burglars and car jackers, but they're not as smart.
Another great Brit show is Shetland, but like the TV version of the classic movie (In the Heat of the Night), a small town seems to have a murder rate higher than Washington, DC.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Speaking of Brit shows, check out "Happy Valley". Great series about a small town cop in England, very enjoyable to watch. That, and "the fall" is great too. I still get a kick out of seeing the british issued fixed speedcuffs in action....

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
When I wuz a widdle kid, I used to watch Broderick Crawford on "Highway Patrol"
Here's a good laugh;

Reactions: Kilvinsky

·
Southern Campus Cop
129 Posts
Been on an old school cops episode trip lately. You can find them on YouTube. I'm sure a bunch of the geezers on here wish they were back in those days.
I just caught a few of these the other day. Good old Davidson County, NC (right down the road from me) was on some of them in the late 90's/early 2000's, back when Sheriff Hege was in office and deputies wore all black BDU's with shoulder patches that had "KATN" on them (short for "kick ass, take names"). The sheriff carried an MP5k, drove an Impala SS (with nitrous tanks added on), and pursued and rammed suspects off the road for any violation. It's amazing to see how much has changed in the same area 20 years later. None of it would fly now.

·
MassCops Member
306 Posts
There’s several good British, Polish, Finnish etc cop shows on NetFlix and Prime Video.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Speaking of Brit shows, check out "Happy Valley". Great series about a small town cop in England, very enjoyable to watch. That, and "the fall" is great too. I still get a kick out of seeing the british issued fixed speedcuffs in action....
That show has got to be the most depressing of them all! But, it was a great series, with great acting. Unhappy Valley.

·
18,339 Posts
Bakersfield PD.
Hands down funniest cop show since Barney Miller.
Best episode was when the fake psychologist was interviewing the cops and the Hispanic cop and the big dope were acting like a married couple. It was on too short a time and only resurfaced once on the now defunct Trio network.

Reactions: CCCSD

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Best episode was when the fake psychologist was interviewing the cops and the Hispanic cop and the big dope were acting like a married couple. It was on too short a time and only resurfaced once on the now defunct Trio network.
I liked when Chris Mulkey smashed the car window and extolled the quick reflexes of the little kid locked in the car. That show was REAL.

·
18,339 Posts
HEY, I COMPLETELY FORGOT ONE OF THE BEST EVER, THE JOB!!!!!! I was so incredibly happy when the entire series (all two + seasons) came out on DVD. Another brilliant show that was not allowed to survive. As much as I liked Recue Me, it couldn't come close to The Job, which also would never become a semi-soap opera like Rescue Me did. Very funny. It may have gotten tired after 5 or 6 seasons, but it never made it nearly that far. Damn shame.

Reactions: CCCSD and Hush

·
18,339 Posts
Anyone here have Roku TV? Crime Story is available. This show was on for just two seasons. The first took place in Chicago the second season Dennis Farina (REAL Chicago Cop) and his cops are now assigned to a Federal Task Force in Las Vegas. I didn't enjoy the second season as much as the first, but that first season was OUTSTANDING.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Not really a “police show” but don’t waste your time on that Cecil Hotel mini series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: EUPD377

·
Southern Campus Cop
129 Posts
I’ve learned not to waste my time on any show that allows “amateur detectives” to stroke their ego and spout off complete bullshit based on absolutely nothing. The Cecil mini-series was a great example of this.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I’ve learned not to waste my time on any show that allows “amateur detectives” to stroke their ego and spout off complete bullshit based on absolutely nothing. The Cecil mini-series was a great example of this.
Yes. I agree. It ended up being a girl with serious mental health issues. There was so much BS fluff in there that it was obnoxious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 40 Posts