Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
501 - 520 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
A board interview for…? MPTC / POST?

Im sure there will be some sort of vetting process to complete the FT certification… probably more to do with your employer submitting all applicable records and hours of employment?

Where are you hearing this from?
with POST is what I heard. Yes I assumed so too but I think it’s more than what your employer submit. They want background checks on all places you have worked as a LE on your resume.

I will have to complete bridge to find out. Or someone who has completed it will have to share what the next step is.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 ·
with POST is what I heard. Yes I assumed so too but I think it’s more than what your employer submit. They want background checks on all places you have worked as a LE on your resume.

I will have to complete bridge to find out. Or someone who has completed it will have to share what the next step is.
Never heard of MPTC doing backgrounds. Usually it’s an employing agency. But it’s all new so who knows? I haven’t heard that one yet though.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,830 Posts
Admiral Halsey jumped "through the hoops" and became a Naval Aviator at the age of 52! It can be done if you really try. "Clear the Bridge!"

·
Registered
425 Posts
Admiral Halsey jumped "through the hoops" and became a Naval Aviator at the age of 52! It can be done if you really try. "Clear the Bridge!"
My point exactly. Since this reform garbage, I’ve seen more people who are looking for any way possible to get around the new training requirements.

If they expended half the effort they’ve put into looking for shortcuts, and directed it towards just getting through the academy, they’d have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
My point exactly. Since this reform garbage, I’ve seen more people who are looking for any way possible to get around the new training requirements.

If they expended half the effort they’ve put into looking for shortcuts, and directed it towards just getting through the academy, they’d have nothing to worry about.
Im betting that”work ethic” is also reflected in their product and reports…

·
8,830 Posts
What were they?
Better question is probably WHO were they. Preeeety sure he was referring to the names requesting "permanent exemption" Eh?

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,642 Posts

·
75th N.H.P.A.
353 Posts
Regarding POST and background checks, see new Chapter 6E, section 4(f)(1):

The division of police certification and the municipal police training committee established in section 116 of chapter 6 shall jointly establish minimum certification standards for all officers that shall include, but not be limited to: (i) attaining the age of 21; (ii) successful completion of a high school education or equivalent, as determined by the commission; (iii) successful completion of the basic training program approved by the municipal police training committee; (iv) successful completion of a physical and psychological fitness evaluation approved by the commission; (v) successful completion of a state and national background check, including, but not limited to, fingerprinting and a full employment history; provided, that if the applicant has been previously employed in law enforcement in any state or United States territory or by the federal government, the applicant’s full employment record, including complaints and discipline, shall be evaluated in the background check; (vi) passage of an examination approved by the commission; (vii) possession of current first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation certificates or equivalent, as determined by the commission; (viii) successful completion of an oral interview administered by the commission; and (ix) being of good moral character and fit for employment in law enforcement, as determined by the commission.

All of this is to be reviewed by the POST's division of certification for each candidate for certification prior to POST action.

·
75th N.H.P.A.
353 Posts
Is this for every officer going forward or all current officers as well? Good luck to whoever takes on that endeavor. Lots of paperwork to review!
As I read the law, it is only new hires when reviewed for certification.

·
8,830 Posts
Soooo............
What's the latest poop? How's everyone doing in the Bridge Academy? More than two months in and a substantial portion have knocked out DT/Firearms and EVOC. Any word on the Modules and testing portion?

Reactions: Inspector71

·
Registered
496 Posts
I dunno about any Bridge news, but Marc Spigel (Framingham Aux) has officially declared war on the whole of MPTC, by meeting with Karen Spilka and declaring that Chief Hicks and the gang are trying to wipe out all the part timers. Someone call CNN.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I dunno about any Bridge news, but Marc Spigel (Framingham Aux) has officially declared war on the whole of MPTC, by meeting with Karen Spilka and declaring that Chief Hicks and the gang are trying to wipe out all the part timers. Someone call CNN.

·
Duke of Campus Police
530 Posts
Yeah,
The fact that PD's in Worcester and northern Middlesex counties are still actively hiring reserves, and the Bridge Academy has a breastfeeding/pregnancy policy, I can't see Captain Spigel's crusade amounting to much.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yeah,
The fact that PD's in Worcester and northern Middlesex counties are still actively hiring reserves, and the Bridge Academy has a breastfeeding/pregnancy policy, I can't see Captain Spigel's crusade amounting to much.
There can still be reserves/specials/etc., they just need the FT certification. Good opportunity for retired officers who don’t want to fully retire, but also don’t want the 40-hour grind every week.

·
8,830 Posts
Reactions: FAPD

·
Here comes the Wee-Woo man
210 Posts
Interesting if you watch entirety. Probably could have less emphasis and visuals on Harbormasters, but a fair segment.
interesting idea. Some of the coast towns here have harbor masters, shellfish masters and the like, which really wouldn’t belong in a class teaching about cruiser tactics. Most of those guys don’t even have firearms. Would like to see what mass does about this

501 - 520 of 523 Posts