Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
421 - 440 of 457 Posts

·
Here comes the Wee-Woo man
165 Posts
I say the move is to have those smaller towns pay contracts to the sheriff's office, which already has the equipment to start patrol ops. Then let the sheriff's office hire more deputies and regionalize that way, no need to create a new entity if an existing one will do.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I say the move is to have those smaller towns pay contracts to the sheriff's office, which already has the equipment to start patrol ops. Then let the sheriff's office hire more deputies and regionalize that way, no need to create a new entity if an existing one will do.
Whoa! How many deputies are FT MPOC Certified right now? What's wrong with the existing police agencies already in place and operating? What you propose is to piss on the current cops and municipal agencies that exist, buy wiping them out, and then spending more $$$ to hire and train deputies to replace the police. Nice dude!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 ·
Another meeting? What’s the issue now?

I feel bad for this first wave of guys.

·
Here comes the Wee-Woo man
165 Posts
Whoa! How many deputies are FT MPOC Certified right now? What's wrong with the existing police agencies already in place and operating? What you propose is to piss on the current cops and municipal agencies that exist, buy wiping them out, and then spending more $$$ to hire and train deputies to replace the police. Nice dude!
If these towns cant afford the full time cops, they need to centralize. The SO could hire the full time and bridge officers from those towns and put them right back to work. Make the process more efficient

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #426 ·
Brother - this isn’t Florida or NH. Sheriffs exist strictly for the operations of the jails which are state funded. County government doesn’t exist. Counties are simply a geographic area in Massachusetts. There is no unincorporated land.

Youd have a better shot of seeing resident troopers like CT than you would with Sheriffs assuming patrol functions.

moving on . . . What’s the crux of the meeting regarding the PAT?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Some of the latest identified talking points regarding reserve officers and the hoops to jump through for Bridge make sense. As far as Auxiliary though, The bottom line is these two points;

All Auxiliary (Volunteer) Officers excluded from 2,400 hours due to lack of arrest powers.
Can't see beating the drum to try to push these folks through when they have no real L.E. (police powers) authority. You cannot equate them with paid Reserve officers who patrol and respond to calls.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Brother - this isn’t Florida or NH. Sheriffs exist strictly for the operations of the jails which are state funded. County government doesn’t exist. Counties are simply a geographic area in Massachusetts. There is no unincorporated land.

Youd have a better shot of seeing resident troopers like CT than you would with Sheriffs assuming patrol functions.

moving on . . . What’s the crux of the meeting regarding the PAT?
not quite sure, it’s all rumors right now. Must be something big, cause that’s the only thing on the agenda.

·
MassCops Member
90 Posts
Did that happen today ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes - special meeting at 1PM. They dragged it out over a 40 minute conversation… The end result seemed pre determined- seems like they got a lot of pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Subscribing Member
4,386 Posts
So I assume then we no longer have to give physicals as they were required for PAT test

·
MassCops Member
90 Posts
So I assume then we no longer have to give physicals as they were required for PAT test

They kept the HRD physical. One Sheriff stated that they cost him $800 each VS a $20 co-pay if they simplified it. No one on the MPTC went for it.

We need to keep the pressure on and chip away at these hurdles one at a time if need be.

·
Subscribing Member
4,386 Posts
They kept the HRD physical. One Sheriff stated that they cost him $800 each VS a $20 co-pay if they simplified it. No one on the MPTC went for it.

We need to keep the pressure on and chip away at these hurdles one at a time if need be.

What I don’t understand is that every reserve on my Pd all had employment physicals. That doesn’t count ?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #437 ·
What. Is. Going. On.

lmao. This program is suppose to be good to go by now and we are still changing things on the fly.

so no more PAT requirement for the bridge academy? 😳😆

·
Duke of Campus Police
518 Posts
What. Is. Going. On.

lmao. This program is suppose to be good to go by now and we are still changing things on the fly.

so no more PAT requirement for the bridge academy? 😳😆
So now the pussies can all breathe a sigh of relief.
Auxiliaries are still out though right?

·
Subscribing Member
4,386 Posts
So under the old rule that came out like a few weeks ago a reserve that went to bridge had 2400 hours patrol Ana a reserve academy could have gotten a full time waiver from the appointing department. I assume that’s not the case anymore and you’d have to go to the full time academy. As they should if they want to be full time

421 - 440 of 457 Posts