Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is so fucked, so those of us that attended full time academies out of state and took the test were granted SSPO and have worked like myself for 15+ years have to attend the Bridge lol. This all makes no sense to me, so I was good enough then but not good enough now, I guess it is what it is 🤷🏽‍♂️
[/QUOTE

And take a Pat which you have to now pass. Mptc was supposed to get fixed or eliminated with this bull making everything a standard. Appears they just want to stick the hands in a muddy everything you lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
And take a Pat which you have to now pass. Mptc was supposed to get fixed or eliminated with this bill making everything a standard. Appears they just want to stick their hands in and muddy everything up lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It’s interesting what happens to these permanent exemptions. A lot is being out on SSPO’s however, the MPTC grants exemptions too and aren’t they the same standards as the state police certification unit? So what happens to those guys/gals?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here is an easy fix… everyone prior to July 1 of this year is good. If you are part time regardless of status you do the bridge. We are all cops regardless of what capacity. Full time requirement for everyone else past July 1. It boggles my mind that an out of state academy like mine 770 hours plus 4-7 years experience doesn’t qualify for a bridge or an exemption per the Mptc because I’m an SSPO, but a 300 hr academy does….

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, both will be considered full-time academy trained. That doesn’t change individual department requirements; for instance, a department can still specify they will only hire full-time academy graduates, and the Boston PD can still require that you have to go through THEIR academy only.

Yes, that satisfies the base training requirements for appointment as a SSPO, but as stated, individual departments can still specify their own standards.

For instance, some college/university departments in Boston (BU and BC for 2 examples) require the full-time municipal academy, they won’t accept SSPO or the bridge. If they hire you, you have to go through and graduate the full-time
Yes, both will be considered full-time academy trained. That doesn’t change individual department requirements; for instance, a department can still specify they will only hire full-time academy graduates, and the Boston PD can still require that you have to go through THEIR academy only.

Yes, that satisfies the base training requirements for appointment as a SSPO, but as stated, individual departments can still specify their own standards.

For instance, some college/university departments in Boston (BU and BC for 2 examples) require the full-time municipal academy, they won’t accept SSPO or the bridge. If they hire you, you have to go through and graduate the full-time municipal academy.

this is the problem with Massachusetts. It all should be the same regardless…

1 - 9 of 9 Posts