1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Patriot Ledger
Posted Oct 06, 2008 @ 12:35 PM

BRAINTREE -
A Quincy woman was arrested after allegedly stealing clothing from a department store and then attempting to back into a store security officer with her car.
Linda A. Lambiase, 36, concealed six items of clothing at the K-Mart store on Grossman Drive on Sunday afternoon and left the store without paying, according to police.
Police said that when a store security officer approached her vehicle from behind, she backed up, even though no cars were parked in front of her. She narrowly missed striking one of the officers, as well as an elderly couple also in the parking lot.
As she drove away, Lambiase threw the stolen clothing out the window, police said.
A description of Lambiase's vehicle description was broadcast by radio. Braintree Police Officer Raymond Blake, who was working a private traffic detail at the intersection of Union Street and Grossman Drive, spotted the vehicle and alerted Officer Brendan McLaughlin, who responded to pull over the Quincy woman.
Lambiase was arrested and charged with shoplifting-second offense and assault with a dangerous weapon, her car.

http://www.patriotledger.com/homepa...thes-tried-to-run-over-store-security-officer

G

·
I'd be curious to see what this broad looks like. I saw one walk out of this same KMart on Sunday afternoon with an LCD tv. I brought it to my cashiers attention as the girl neared the door and she didn't seem to care. Crazy...........

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
We wonder why K-Mart went bankrupt. Security Guard not officer. In my opinion unless its a felony or human life is in danger (the guy kidnapped someone) the best thing a Security Guard can do is get the CORRECT PLATE and make and model of the vehicle. Saying it is a BLUE Truck doesn't help.

·
Subscribing Member
1,832 Posts
You guys are missing one of the major points of the article. It was a Braintree cop ON A PAID DETAIL who made the stop.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I dont think anyone here is missing the point that is was a detail officer that made the stop..everyone here is used to reading that type of stuff everyday...its the general public, the media, and the politicians that are missing that point...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.