Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
sleepy and on a no dunkins diet
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information on Plymouth Police patch? looking for the history of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I couldn't find anything on the history of the police patch although I thought this was interesting.

[web:56842e2d5a]http://www.plymouthpolice.com/ourhist.htm[/web:56842e2d5a]

·
Registered
426 Posts
There is nothing really interesting about it, about 20-30 yrs ago the Union had local kids enter in various designs into a contest.
It used to just be a rock w/ 1620, but now it has the helium atom (for the local Nuke plant), the smaller rock and a kneeling indian.
It is sort of shaped like Boston PD's as the Chief at the time was from that Dept.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I received a Plymouth patch as part of a trade a few years back...actually about 12 years ago...design was somewhat NYPD-style, gold-bordered, "PLYMOUTH POLICE" along the top edge, gold eagle with red/white/blue banner in the middle, and scrolls on each side...left side scroll read "PUBLIC", right side read "SAFETY".

Any idea how old that was? I am just curious; I never lived in Plymouth or felt specially inclined to seek their patches.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Air Force Cop";p="57598 said:
Does anyone have any information on Plymouth Police patch? looking for the history of it.
The symbols on the patch stand for many things. One is the symbol for the nuclear power plant, the rock is for when the pigrims landed in Plymouth and the other is the Mayflower the boat they came over on. These are all significant symbols of the Town of Plymouth. ( These are the facts, have a relative who retired 2 years ago from Plymouth PD)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.