Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ayer Police Department is is seeking canidates for 2 vacant full time police officer positions. Full time acadmey and college degree preferred. Applications can be obtained at the Ayer Police Department 54 Park Street Ayer, MA 978-772-8200

Town of Ayer, MA Police Department
Police Officer: Applicants must be 21 years of age, a U.S. citizen, and possess a valid drivers license. Full time MCJTC or MPTC police academy graduate and two year college degree preferred. Extensive background check, assessment, physical, and psychological exam required.

E911 Dispatcher: Part-time and per-diem for Police-Fire-EMS. Should possess keyboarding, oral and written communication skills, and have good multi-tasking abilities. Previous experience helpful but we will train the right person.​

Applications are available at the Ayer Police Station or by calling:
Chief William Murray
54 Park Street
Ayer, MA 01432
978-772-8200

The Town of Ayer is an
equal opportunity employer.

Deadline to Submit Applications is:
August 29, 2008​

·
Registered
146 Posts
Didn't they hire not too long ago? Anyone with inside info on pay/morale?

edit: just used the search. Now even more curious. Did last year's hire bail out, or did it never happen?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Does anyone know anything about this PD? What is starting pay? Do they have quinn? etc....

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Ayer PD is a good PD with lots of action. One officer went to Burlington and the other position is a new position. They make good $ ,no quinn yet but they do have an educational incentive. I believe top step is in the mid $50s and there are only 2 or 3 steps depending on experience. Nice equipment, nice cars, new station and lots of white trash to keep you working all night long. :D

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
Is that newspaper guy still around, the one who destroyed one cops career several years ago? Ok almost 18-19 years ago now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anyone has questions about Ayer send me a PM and I will respond. AS j809 said if you have an academy you start at step 2 which is around $43k and max out after 1 year at almost $52K, New contract is in negotiations now. No quinn bill but there is an educational incentive, and longevity. 4/2 shedule and 90/10 health insurance (which the Town wants to change to 75/25)

There are two positions open, one is open because the LT was promoted to chief and its backfilling, the other was that one of the guys left for a CS job in Burlington.

The LT who is now chief is not crazy, he expects people to come to work and do their job, he holds people accoutable for thier actions, and does not tolerate lying in anyway.

Everyone who works at the PD is a good person just like any PD there are alot of personalities, the best thing about the department is that it does not contain clicks. Everyone gets along, comes to work and does their job. If you are a worker you will not have a problem

G

·
It seems like you work for the department? Is is possible to send me an application, I am 24 and will have my associates degree in december, I have the reserve academy under my belt but not the full time. Any suggestions? All information is appreciated thank you

Danny

·
Registered
2 Posts
Drewpopo, what crack are u smokin'?:smokin:...everyone gets along?:confused: Yah right! Because of the Lt. vacancy there is more sack slicing and throat cutting than ever...and you're right, the Chief's not crazy...just make sure that his perscriptions keep getting filled and you guys should be all set. As for the department, Ayer has always had a "unique" blend of talent. Over the years they have had some great guys come and go...the good ones never seem to hang around. It always seems that there is constant political interference and micro managing of the department from both inside and outside is a constant. I suppose, though, that as long as there are local mutants and certifiable screwballs consistantly being elected to the Board of Selectmen, the town will "reap what they sow". As for you Drewpopo, I think it is nice that you defend your chief's bipolar personality...stop being and enabler. It seems as though you are off to a successful career as a ballwasher!:musicboo:

·
MassCops Member
134 Posts
Wow, now that really takes some balls to get on this forum and post something under a newly created account. Why don't you man up and post under your real sreen name or better yet, your real name you sackless dick. Sounds like somebody got fired to me!

·
Subscribing Member
569 Posts
Ayer is no different than any other department. All in all, a decent place to work. It is all what you make of it. There is enough activity to keep you interested, yet you don't have calls stacked waiting for a response. If you want to work, you can...if you want to grab a coffee and read the paper once in a while, well, that is possible as well. That's how I remember it anyway...

G

·
Wow, now that really takes some balls to get on this forum and post something under a newly created account. Why don't you man up and post under your real sreen name or better yet, your real name you sackless dick. Sounds like somebody got fired to me!
While I agree it's extremely bad form for a newbie to burst through the door with guns blazing, isn't this a bit like the pot calling the kettle black considering your own anonymity?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry pal not a ballwasher, Im the first one in line to speak up when the chief does something that the union does not like. Obviously you have a hard time getting along with people. What I have seen at Ayer PD in the last five years is that the people that have left, left under unfavorible circumstances, (Told to leave or they would be fired). I only know one truly good cop that left for another PD. So if you want to talk more about my ball washing give me a call all be on at 11p 978-772-8200...

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Drewpopo, what crack are u smokin'?:smokin:...everyone gets along?:confused: Yah right! Because of the Lt. vacancy there is more sack slicing and throat cutting than ever...and you're right, the Chief's not crazy...just make sure that his perscriptions keep getting filled and you guys should be all set. As for the department, Ayer has always had a "unique" blend of talent. Over the years they have had some great guys come and go...the good ones never seem to hang around. It always seems that there is constant political interference and micro managing of the department from both inside and outside is a constant. I suppose, though, that as long as there are local mutants and certifiable screwballs consistantly being elected to the Board of Selectmen, the town will "reap what they sow". As for you Drewpopo, I think it is nice that you defend your chief's bipolar personality...stop being and enabler. It seems as though you are off to a successful career as a ballwasher!:musicboo:
KaplanU.....I can honestly say that I know Drewpopo. He's certainly NOT a ballwasher. Sounds more like YOU have some personal issues with Ayer. Why don't you attack the issues instead of attacking the messenger?

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Sounds like a former guy there, still applying for lots of jobs but for some reason can't pass the background stage. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Sorry pal not a ballwasher, Im the first one in line to speak up when the chief does something that the union does not like. Obviously you have a hard time getting along with people. What I have seen at Ayer PD in the last five years is that the people that have left, left under unfavorible circumstances, (Told to leave or they would be fired). I only know one truly good cop that left for another PD. So if you want to talk more about my ball washing give me a call all be on at 11p 978-772-8200...
Dispatcher: Ayer Police, this lines recorded...

Caller: Yeah, I wanna speak to Drewpopo!!

Dispatcher: I'm sorry sir, who?

Caller: Drewpopo damn it!... Right now....get him on the phone!

LMAO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts