Police Officer - Town of Orleans | MassCops

Police Officer - Town of Orleans

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by EH466, Apr 18, 2012.

1. EH466

EH466 MassCops Member

2. 3bike01

3bike01 New Member

Train wreck of a department...Chief is leaving after having to rehire a Sergeant that was fired and recently reinstated by an arbitrator. There is a very clear A team and if you are not on it then look out...Also, while there is a fair amount of police work to do, the town is very small and has the highest median age in the state which means a ton of old people waiting for ambulance rides.

That said, it is a job...good luck to all who apply.

3. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

Lol, not as many old people as Chatham. But there is more work to do than one would imagine. Not to mention the chinese food place is open late! In all seriousness I love where I am at now, but I do miss the area. The Orelans/Harwich/Chatham area is nice, Its a great place to be.

4. DuctusExemplo

DuctusExemplo MassCops Member

Anyone who took it hear anything? I scored pretty well, wondering if/when I should be hearing from them.

5. 240Robert

240Robert MassCops Member

I haven't heard anything from them as of yet. Toss me an email directly.

6. FPFC2

FPFC2 MassCops Member

I also took this exam and scored in the high 90s. Still haven't heard anything yet. Good luck guys

7. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

anybody notice the two guys in the front right of the room? i heard the proctor tell them they would have extra time after all of us left. in which, if you didn't notice, they stayed as everyone else left. kinda sketchy..

8. Maybe conforming to American with Disabilities Act??

southy88 likes this.
  9. Sully0288

Sully0288 New Member

I was leaving the rest room and saw people all over the officer and the proctor guess time will tell.

10. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

Ohhhhhhh ok. So the guy beating his wife will slow the beating down to wait for the officer w/ a disability to arrive to make it fair? This is the kind of job where you need to take the best regardless of race, abilities (or lack there of), or who you know.

Hush and Macop like this.

11. I'm not saying that they should hire that person, based on what you just said, however, there are still laws that need to be followed and if it was in fact something like a ADA type testing scenario, they need to adhere to said regulations.

12. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

What does that have to do with anything?

Will the guy beating his wife give a multiple choice and comprehension exam before you can stop him?

They got extra time for what is most likely a reading disorder like dyslexia.

13. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

You have to have a valid diagnosis from a physician or licensed mental health professional for Attention Deficit Disorder or some other condition that would hinder your ability to concentrate. Pick up a used copy of the DSM-IV-TR, memorize the diagnostic criteria, and brush up on your acting ability.

Yes....it's that simple.

14. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

The DSM-IV-TR is the most current version....the "TR" stands for Text Revision, where the APA made some minor changes to the original DSM-IV. The DSM-V is being worked on now, but isn't expected out until 2013 at the earliest. From what I've heard, there are going to be some very controversial additions, deletions, and modifications.

15. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

The biggest change is to autism, isn't it Delta?

16. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

that's also the best way to get on SSDI, MassHealth, EBT, and all the other handouts available out there

USMCMP5811 and Delta784 like this.
  17. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

That, and also some tweaking/changes to various personality & mood disorders.

Even though it will be a pain in the ass to get used to (it will come out about 2 years before I finish my doctorate), I'm looking forward to the entertainment of the eggheads arguing back & forth in psychological journals about the changes.

18. Irishpride

I alway get a kick out of the meds that come out to treat these new "diagnosis". Dennis Leary has a great bit the treatment vs the side effects.

19. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

You don't have to try at that.

ZING!!!! :p

Q5-TPR and mtc like this.
  20. Stan Indursky

Stan Indursky MassCops Member

Why do you think it is sketchy?

21. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

they weren't wearing pants and one was wearing a "Don't Taze Me Bro" t-shirt'

22. That's right radio ninja, you tell it like it is!

[​IMG]

23. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

Why is it that two select people are given an opportunity to take a test that everyone else has a set time for? Doesn't make sense.

24. Stan Indursky

Stan Indursky MassCops Member

You have nothing to worry about if you scored better than they did. You should just be concerned with your business, not theirs.

GO RED SOX!

25. Irishpride

well I hope this mentality won't carry over if you become a cop. There are already too many guys on the job overly concerned with what the other guy is doing instead of themselves. Don't become one of those officers who spends their whole shift whining about how this guy got that assignment or promotion and you didn't. You'll be a lot better off if you just concern yourself with your own shit instead of worrying about what the next guy is doing.

Macop and screamineagle like this.