Police officer shot overnight in Auburn Officer has passed away | Page 2 | MassCops

Police officer shot overnight in Auburn Officer has passed away

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, May 22, 2016.

1. 38bigblock

38bigblock MassCops Member

When did this happen? I can't find anything on it.

2. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

3. 38bigblock

38bigblock MassCops Member

I was referring to history-hounds post, I'm sure the media will be covering it all soon.

4. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

It was a couple minutes before I posted the comment. Not sure if they had put it up on line at that point. It was during the broadcast. In any event, the press conference is under way.

5. TRN

TRN MassCops Member

I wonder why C5 SuperMoto doesn't have his cover on?

LGriffin likes this.
  6. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

RIP Officer Tarentino.
    Speedy recovery Trooper.
    Rot in Hell you scum sucking filthbag who shot them.

7. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

I hope it was a blue round that gave him his final sting. Likely the cowardly piece of shit offed himself

8. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

RIP brother, God speed

9. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

Horrible tragedy :(. This year is insane.

10. kwflatbed

Mother Of Slain Auburn Officer: People Need To Respect Police

AUBURN (CBS/AP) — The mother of the Auburn police officer shot and killed in the line of duty says people need to have more respect for police.

“I just wish people had a little bit more respect for what they do — nobody has respect for them anymore,” Sharon Tarentino told the Boston Herald hours after her son, Officer Ronald Tarentino, was murdered during a traffic stop Sunday.

[​IMG]
    Officer Ronald Tarentino. (Photo credit: Auburn Police Department)

“You never think it’s going to happen to you, it hits you like a sledgehammer. It’s just not fair,” she said.

The American flag has been lowered to half-staff outside the Auburn police station and several other locations across the state in memory of Officer Tarentino.

The town’s residents left bouquets of flowers and miniature American flags piled at the bottom of a stone monument dedicated to law enforcement officers who’ve been killed in the line of duty.

Full Story: Mother Of Slain Auburn Officer: People Need To Respect Police More

HistoryHound, Goose and LGriffin like this.
  11. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

May God bless his family and the couple who ran to his aid.

HistoryHound likes this.
  12. kwflatbed

Fund set up for slain Auburn officer's wife, 3 children

[​IMG]

To make a donation to the fund:

Officer Ronald Tarentino Jr. Memorial Fund
    C/O Savers Bank
    38 Auburn Street
    Auburn, MA 01501

FTH likes this.
  13. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

14. kwflatbed

15. kwflatbed

16. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Huge turnout at the funeral. Much thanks to the Red Cross for keeping everyone hydrated.

sdb29, LA Copper, PBC FL Cop and 3 others like this.
  17. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

Much thanks to the Boston Police Patrolman's Union and Detectives union who both brought out their food trailers. Detectives cooked up breakfast and lunch. Much appreciated before and after a long sad day. There is a brother/sisterhood here. I have seen these trailers at several funerals. Also the FD was there. Big shoutout to all. I remember when the Red Cross was tasked with the whole event and as hard as they tried....they were always overwhelmed. If we don't help each other out in a time of need.....no one ever will. I'm going to suggest that our retired guys get involved at funerals, maybe buy a small trailer of their own for our area of the state.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  18. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

It was a great turnout and a real positive for our profession and for Ofc. Tarentino's family. While I despise the reason we were all there it was comforting to see the thin blue line actually double in size and rise up for the occasion. God bless and stay safe!!

Bloodhound, LA Copper, Goose and 3 others like this.
  19. triplethreat

triplethreat MassCops Member

Auburn PD in case anyone wants to help us support the family. 100% proceeds are being donated.