Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - A Springfield police officer is recovering after being dragged by a car while on duty.

Hall Street in Forest Park was lined with police officers coming to the aid of one of their own Saturday morning around 4:30 a.m.

"I heard a big bang and stayed in my bed because I heard people screaming," said witness Jesse Sanchez. "I heard a noise and I wake up in the middle of the night and saw the car jump right there," said Tuan Le, a residents of Hall Street.

That noise was a car dragging officer Darrin Fitzpatrick, who was struggling to stop the driver. Police say Fitzpatrick and his partner pulled the car over before the driver decided to make a get-away.

Police managed to get a hold of the situation but not without a fight. Captain John Barbieri said the driver, his passenger and a friend began resisting arrest. Michael Molina, Jorge Maldinado and Jotson Risado were all arrested. Police found a stolen gun and drugs in the car.

Fortunately Officer Fitzpatrick was not seriously injured, but will be sidelined for a few days.

http://www.wwlp.com/global/story.asp?s=8926244&srvc=developing

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Good pinch Officer Fitzpatrick and even better that you didn't get killed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts