Police officer critical after 'unprovoked attack' in the Bronx | MassCops

Police officer critical after 'unprovoked attack' in the Bronx

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Jul 5, 2017.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Pilettes/WikiCommons SOURCE: Pilettes/WikiCommons

Updated: 3:52 AM EDT Jul 5, 2017

National Desk Staff

NEW YORK —

Authorities say a New York City police officer has been shot and is in 'extremely critical condition.'

The shooting took place near the corner of Morris Avenue and East 183rd Street.

The New York Police Department wrote on Twitter that the female officer was shot while in a patrol vehicle with her partner in the Bronx early Wednesday

2. kwflatbed

3. Chitownlost

Chitownlost Internet "expert"

4. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

I will post the details for the services for Officer Familia when they are available. This was absolutely the most horrendous execution I have ever seen. Stay safe and always stay alert.

5. Chitownlost

Chitownlost Internet "expert"

Is anyone else sickened when the media says "unprovoked attacked" as if the police can envoke a provocation in which it would acceptable to murdered them?

Patr8726, Kilvinsky, BxDetSgt and 2 others like this.
  6. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

I'm so sorry for your loss! It is so heartbreaking and just evil :(
    My thoughts and prayers are with the family and with brothers and sisters in blue.

7. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Wake will be Monday July 10, 2017 from 1400 to 1600, and 1900 to 2100 and the Funeral will be Tuesday July 11th.
    Both Services will be held at:
    World Changers Church
    2417 Grand Concourse
    Bronx NY 10468
    I will post staging areas and POV parking arrangements as they become available. Thank You for anyone who is considering travelling to the services. We seem to be doing this a lot lately. Stay Safe.

Chitownlost likes this.
  8. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

It's OK, the suspect was suffering from MENTAL ILLNESS! Rest assured, the Officer did NOT die in vain. She has given the opportunity to the Mental Health Care Community to see what happens when a nut is NOT treated like a nut.

Nut is not politically correct, I apologize. It should have been, MENTAL CASE or LUNATIC. I'm an insensitive lout.

9. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

10. kwflatbed

trueblue, FTH, Fuzzywuzzy and 3 others like this.
  11. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

Big thank you to the Boston Police Patrolman and Detectives who both had their food trucks at the funeral for Officer Familia. I have seen these trucks at several funerals and they seem to be able to feed the masses with ease. I enjoyed the steak and cheese, chips and several bottles of water! Let's hope these trucks never go out again!