Police officer, bystander shot, killed in Weymouth; suspect in custody | MassCops

Police officer, bystander shot, killed in Weymouth; suspect in custody

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Jul 15, 2018.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

2. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

We are diminished. How long until we see the long criminal history of this dirtbag, and how many passes he was given by a broken Massachusetts court system?

pahapoika and Kilvinsky like this.
  3. kwflatbed

4. kwflatbed

Why is he in custody instead of a pine box ??

pahapoika likes this.
  5. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

Restraint. Pure restraint

Officer Chesna Was struck in the head with a rock, and knocked unconscious. The suspect, whose name I will not order, removed his service weapon and shot him multiple times. Was struck in the head with a rock, and knocked unconscious. The suspect, whose name I will not order, removed his service weapon and shot him multiple times.

RIP Brother, we have the watch

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    kwflatbed likes this.
  6. kwflatbed

7. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

Again, I don't think we're over the last one and here we are yet again. Another one of us executed. Executed!..... I'm actually crying trying to type. I'
    Again at. A loss.
    Rip Off.Chesna.. we have it from here and You will NEVER be forgotten. Rip.
    Respectfully #240

Kilvinsky, kwflatbed and visible25 like this.
  8. kwflatbed

9. Hush

Scumbag will NEVER feel the justice he deserves, not in Massachusetts.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

10. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

I agree I said it the last time we lost an officer in this lax abomination this state is. there needs to be a change. I find it more and more difficult knowing collectively what are large group we are as a whole and with our unions that we can't organize that change. We need to hold the legislature accountable for their actions it is their fault that this is happening and they are not changing the system. We need to let them know that they will be the first to go when it comes time for their jobs to come back around. It's time we can say it all day long but we need to do something about it. I say let's go.

11. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

The politicians just don't care. Many will be there for the cameras and Charlie will say it's a tragedy, but they will do nothing. After Sean Gannon was killed I (like many others) sent e-mails to Wong, Crighton, Baker and Healey. To Healey's credit I got an automated "thanks for contacting us but we're way too busy to bother with the likes of you" reply. Yes, that's how low I've set the bar of expectation that it's to her office's credit that I got an automated kiss off reply. Wong, Chrighton and Baker couldn't even be bothered to have the junior assistant to a junior assistant send a reply blowing smoke up my ass. I even called Crighton's office because when I looked the website still listed McGee. The kid that answered the phone was very interested in my concern until he actually heard what it was. Since then Wong's office was able to send an immediate response for an e-mail about a much less serious issue. If I was the only person to be ignored I could say that maybe they were just inundated and my e-mails slipped through, but no one that I know received a response from anyone and I had friends as far as Brookfield e-mailing. I don't know how many officers and innocent people have to be killed by these wastes of DNA for them to take this seriously, but it's already been too many. When are the sheep going to wake up and realize that our politicians and judges are allowing the wolves to run amongst us? That will be the day that the politicians start to worry about their jobs.

kdk240 and kwflatbed like this.
  12. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

RIP Officer Chesna, I will never understand how this is not national news but some "barber" who tries and pull a gun on CPD officers and is shot is national news. This is getting crazy.

13. Hush

Politicians do not care because nobody is shooting politicians daily. Right now it's trendier to side with black lives matter and cop killers.

14. kwflatbed

15. kwflatbed

Candlelight Vigil in Memory of fallen Weymouth Police Officer Michael Chesna and Mrs. Vera Adams Tonight, July 16th.
    Last Updated: July 16, 2018 - 2:53pm

In honor of fallen Weymouth Police Officer Michael Chesna and Mrs. Vera Adams, please join us this evening for a Memorial Vigil being held at the Weymouth High School Football Field at 7pm.

Flat shoes only allowed on the turf – please no backpacks or open flames. You may download a 'Virtual Candle App' for tonight's candlelight vigil.

16. Hush

A candlelight vigil with a bunch of smartphones? What have we reduced ourselves to?

kwflatbed, Kilvinsky, kdk240 and 3 others like this.
  17. lowbuckbob

lowbuckbob MassCops Member

RIP to Officer Chesna and to Mrs. Adams.

kdk240, kwflatbed and Kilvinsky like this.
  18. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Every cop and family member should be given a rock... Eye For An Eye.

kdk240, kwflatbed, Kilvinsky and 2 others like this.
  19. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

RodneyFarva and kwflatbed like this.
  20. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Was very impressed with the town of Weymouth and the outpouring of support as large groups made their way to high school tonight.

Too bad police officers in Massachusetts can't get the same support from our politicians

kdk240, LA Copper, FTH and 4 others like this.
  21. kwflatbed

Weymouth Police Officer Michael Chesna posthumously promoted to sergeant

22. kwflatbed

23. MPD703

MPD703 Subscribing Member

CHIEF RICHARD C GRIMES ANNOUNCES THE FOLLOWING ARRANGEMENTS FOR SERGEANT
    MICHAEL C CHESNA WHO WAS KILLED IN THE LINE OF DUTY ON SUNDAY JULY 15, 2018.

THE WAKE AND FUNERAL WILL BE HELD AT ST MARY'S CHURCH 392 HANOVER ST, HANOVER
    MA. THE WAKE WILL BE HELD FROM 2:00PM TO 7:00PM. A POLICE WALK WILL COMMENCE AT
    2:00PM. THE FUNERAL MASS WILL BE HELD ON FRIDAY JULY 20TH AT 11:00AM.

THE STAGING AREA FOR ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL BE HANOVER MALL LOCATED OFF EXIT
    13 ON RT 3, AT 1775 WASHINGTON ST HANOVER. OFFICERS WILL BE BUSSED FROM THE MALL
    TO THE CHURCH AND BACK ON BOTH DAYS. NO CRUISERS WILL BE ALLOWED AT THE CHURCH
    DUE TO PARKING CONSTRAINTS.

ALL POLICE HONOR GUARDS THAT PLAN ON ATTENDING EITHER DAY SHOULD CONTACT LT TIM
    COHOON OF THE BRAINTREE POLICE DEPARTMENT AT [email protected]. HONOR
    GUARDS WILL REPORT TO THE SYLVESTER FIELD 494 HANOVER ST, HANOVER MA.
    WAKE REPORT TIME IS 11:30AM
    FUNERAL REPORT TIME IS 7:30AM

ALL POLICE MOTORCYCLES ARE TO REPORT TO LT KEVIN FOLEY, MILTON PD, AT THE
    HANOVER HIGH SCHOOL 287 CEDAR ST HANOVER
    WAKE REPORT TIME 11:30AM
    FUNERAL REPORT TIME IS 7:30 AM

ALL COBRA BICYCLE OFFICERS ARE TO REPORT TO SGT JAMES SMITH, HANOVER PD, AT THE
    HANOVER TRANSFER STATION AT 118 ROCKLAND ST HANOVER.
    WAKE REPORT TIME 10:00AM
    FUNERAL REPORT TIME IS 7:30AM

AT THE CONCLUSION OF SERVICES FOR SGT CHESNA, WEYMOUTH POLICE PERSONNEL AND
    FAMILY MEMBERS WILL PROCEED TO BLUE HILLS CEMETERY, BRAINTREE FOR BURIAL. ALL
    OTHER POLICE PERSONNEL ARE INVITED TO THE COLLATION FROM 1:00PM TO 5:00PM. THE
    COLLATION WILL BE HELD AT THE HANG OUT LOCATED AT UNION POINT, SOUTH WEYMOUTH,
    MA. THE HANG OUT IS LOCATED ON MEMORIAL GROVE AT THE HANGAR.

CCCSD and kwflatbed like this.
  24. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

The above picture is fantastic. Ch. 25 keeps using a picture that, please don't hate me for saying this, but that picture of Sgt. Chesna in uniform, he looks psychotic. It's a horrible picture. The one above shows the man I believe he truly was, dedicated, sincere and serious about the job.

I know quite well, someone who works there who said he was a great guy (paraphrased) and that picture 25 keeps showing does not, in my opinion reflect that.

If I go, I know the picture I want used, the one from my current ID. God Bless you Mike, but that particular picture is terrible. Just my humble (and honestly, respectful) opinion.

kwflatbed likes this.
  25. BlueknightLA

BlueknightLA MassCops Member

I am commenting from LAPD. My condolences and prayers to Officer Chesna, his family, Weymouth PD and every other law enforcement officer working in MA. This loss comes too soon after the loss of Officer Gannon. Please stay safe everyone and hopefully these tragedies will force some judicial reform when it comes to sentencing. I'd also like to know how all of you feel about 2-man cars for officer safety?

mpd61, pahapoika, CCCSD and 3 others like this.