1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Man Charged With Attempted Murder After Nashua Shooting

Woman Listed In Critical Condition

Video: Neighbors Shocked By Nashua Shooting

NASHUA, N.H. -- A man has been charged with attempted murder after a woman was shot and critically injured at a Nashua apartment house early Friday morning.

Police said they were called to 151 Concord St. at about 2 a.m. on a report of shots fired.

Juan Mateo Sanchez, 44, was taken into custody at 3:30 a.m. in Pelham, N.H., where police spotted his vehicle. He was ordered held without bail until his arraignment on Monday.
Investigators haven't released the woman's name or said what her relationship was to Sanchez, who lives at the address where the shooting took place.

The woman is listed in critical condition.

Witnesses said they heard the sound of gunfire early Friday morning at the apartment house.

"I was up with my son at 2:30," said resident Candace Brickey. "A couple of minutes after that, I heard a shot, and then I heard consecutive shots, maybe four to five more shots. Then it stopped, and there was another shot."

Police initially released few details about the shooting except to say it was a domestic incident, someone was arrested and the public wasn't in any danger.

Florence Battista lives across the street from the crime scene and said she didn't hear any shots.

"I was sound asleep and I heard a loud banging on the door, and I told my husband, 'There's somebody at the door,'" she said.

That person was a police officer, asking if she had seen or heard anything. Battista said that the apartment house has a high rate of turnover.

"They move in and out of there frequently," she said. "Nobody stays there that long."

http://www.wmur.com/news/17930111/detail.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts