Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just trying to find out information on Police ID's. My department is looking to get new ones and Im just curious who u all used as a vendor? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
PVD

·
Registered
9 Posts
PVD24 said:
Hi everyone, just trying to find out information on Police ID's. My department is looking to get new ones and Im just curious who u all used as a vendor? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
PVD
community police and fire in oxford- i think they send out to another company though.

·
Registered
456 Posts
RoadDog32 said:
They're working on making a universal police ID for MA...using the same system and cards as the new fireamrs system....
Excellent idea, but who are the "they" that are working on this idea?

·
Registered
105 Posts
When "they" create a standard id for police in mass this is what you will have.

Full time police id
Part time police id
State college police id
Private college police id
Sheriffs id
Railroad police id
MBTA police id
State police id
and the list goes on.
Then the standard id will become not so standard. Everyone wants to complain on who is better than who and will not want their id to look like so and so's id. Another good idea turned to crap because someone will get a bruised ego

Just a guess

·
Registered
186 Posts
This probably isnt the right place to post this, but after reading the last reply, it just got to me because his reply was 100% true. I was brought up in a Police family and I was always taught that Police Officers always stick together and that it's the biggest brotherhood in the world. But I have never seen so much sh*t throwing or trash talking about each other (all LEO's) in my life, and i think it's only here in MA, because I live on the RI and CT border and have friends that are Cops in both states and you never hear either state referring to college, state, parks, or who ever as fake or not real LEO's because of whatever reason, they just say yup they are all Cops and they all work together. Maybe it has to do with in both states they all go to the same Police Academy from Park Rangers to City Officers. I dont know what it is but we need to stick together and become a tight brotherhood like we should be and attack criminals and not each other. Just my .02 because im sick of all the trash talking about other LEO's in this state and who's real or fake!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Brother you are so right. I've worked in Fla and still have friends there. Also friends in NH and Vt. Mass seems to be so hung up on bashing each other. We hear it here from alot of the CPD guys. I actually got stopped while in uniform going from my PT job to my DoD job and the local officer told me he didn't exercise professional courtesy to security guards. I was so p*ssed! 25 years on the job. :up: I don't know what it is here. I started in 1977 and remember the pride and camaraderie then. It was an awesome feeling. Somewhere along the line we've lost that here, at least in western Mass. I can't speak for the Boston area. So I feel your frustration. I'm not sure how to fix it though.](*,)

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Universal I.D. sounds like a "rumor" to me...........:huh:

·
Registered
456 Posts
DODK911 said:
This probably isnt the right place to post this, but after reading the last reply, it just got to me because his reply was 100% true. I was brought up in a Police family and I was always taught that Police Officers always stick together and that it's the biggest brotherhood in the world. But I have never seen so much sh*t throwing or trash talking about each other (all LEO's) in my life, and i think it's only here in MA, because I live on the RI and CT border and have friends that are Cops in both states and you never hear either state referring to college, state, parks, or who ever as fake or not real LEO's because of whatever reason, they just say yup they are all Cops and they all work together. Maybe it has to do with in both states they all go to the same Police Academy from Park Rangers to City Officers. I dont know what it is but we need to stick together and become a tight brotherhood like we should be and attack criminals and not each other. Just my .02 because im sick of all the trash talking about other LEO's in this state and who's real or fake!
Amen!!

From my 18 years as a Special PO I heard it every time I worked with our FT POs! The only times they were nice to us (there were a handful of officers who always were nice to us, but they were the minority) was when they wanted the day off to attend a wedding (2 POs), getting us to work on Christmas, or so that they could attend the Policemen's Ball! Now that I'm a Constable, I get the BS all the time!

But it really hit home when I witnessed a young lady get hit by a car (at least 15 years ago) and pulled over to give my statement to the Stow PD. I did NOT ID myself as LE and as I stood there trying to give my info to the Stow PO, an unmarked SP Trooper cruises by and the Stow PO mutters some swear words about why the MSP showed up (this was on Rte. 117). I understood what the undercurrent was about, but if I were "John Q Citizen" with no knowledge of the back-biting between MA departments . . . what would I think??

Somehow I (regrettably) don't think that the various departments will ever get along in MA! I don't have the experience in any other states, so I can't personally say that this is unique in MA.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Looks like it goes in Virginia too!

:woot:

·
Registered
252 Posts
We use a company by the name of Fire Security Systems Inc. we bought a system from them , the Card Access 3000, to do allot of our student and faculty IDs, we also made a templet for our police IDs and IDs for Franklin Fire. The system with software and card printer is around $10,000. Maybe that's not what you are looking for. Anyways.....if it is the sales guy is a real dildo, but the system is great. :2c:

·
Registered
6 Posts
For what it's worth, I retired recently after 30 years. 3 as a municipal and 27 with a Univ. P.D. in Boston. I honestly believe that only two things lead to all the garbage going on between departments. One is ongoing turf wars. and the other is details. You'll have your "brotherhood" the day someone can solve those two issues. It has little to do with what academy someone went through, or how much base money they make. It's all about not sharing jurisdictional power or taking detail money out of their pockets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.